Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miss Lemon

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 17:48

My Miss Lemon is blooming and I am very pleased with her flowers. They are a good size and a nice soft lemon yellow.

I am however not pleased with the looks of this stem !!

Have any of you seen this before? I wrote to Komoriya a few days ago asking what this could be and what I should do about it and have received no reply as of today. The stem is not soft and it doesn't appear to be rotting but I have quarantined Miss Lemon until I see what her leaves look like.

I also have a Piyo-piyo about to bloom and another scape on my Lemon Gold both with normal scapes.

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miss Lemon

Lucky you... Blooms on those bulbs. I have some scapes, but the bulbs from early last year still have no roots! I don't know what to do about them!! I love the yellows, Donna. You've picked some nice ones.
K

o

Hi Donna,

I hope that you receive a reply later today. It's 8:35 on Monday morning in Japan now.

Best,

Blanca

o

Hi Donna,
That's beautiful. Does it have only 2 flowers? My Piyo-piyo is finally beginning to open so I hope to be posting photos soon.
Bill

o

There were only 2 flowers but they had a great shape and they were at least 5 inches across.

I just received a reply from Komoiya Nurseries and they state that it can't be virus because they have their glasshouses checked regularly but did apologize for any inconvenience and are going to send me a replacement bulb later next week. They did not however give any explanation for the strange marking on the stem.They have been very fair with me so far and I appreciate it.

Next to bloom is Piyo piyo and a second scape on Lemon Gold. My first scape appeared 11 months ago and then it grew some roots but still no leaves! I'm sure after this second booming I might finally see some leaves.(??)

Donna

o

Donna,

That's a real beauty. I love the shape. I hope your replacement bulb will be even better.

Louana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here