Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Photos of Benfica, Roma, and Sumatra

Here are some photos from tonight.

Benfica from S&H is still the shining star. A little worn, but still full of life!!

{{gwi:405458}}

{{gwi:405459}}

Here's my S&H Roma. Does this look like yours??

{{gwi:405460}}

{{gwi:405461}}

These 2 are the only "correctly" labeled bulbs that I got out of the 4 batches of sales bulbs.

Here's the Sumatra that my Best Friend in CA gave me in 2007. It bloomed for Christmas 2007 and is on it's own schedule now...for March-May blooms (like the rest of the gang).

{{gwi:405462}}

{{gwi:405463}}

{{gwi:405464}}

So....that's the show from Spring, TX!

:-)K

Comments (7)

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Really beautiful show, Kristi! You've got three lovely blooms there! I can see I need to add Benfica to my "must have" list! It really is a deep, dark red!

Neither of my two Sumatras bloomed this year... though they probably didn't get enough light. One will go out for summer, and the other will stay in for safe keeping.

And that particular Roma looks very nice... I really like the shape and how prolific it is! Very nice!

Great show from Texas, Kristi! Thanks for sharing so many blooms this season... it's been fabulous!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're welcome Jodi and All. Jet...is this what your Roma looked like? (it was Roma wasn't it). Lots more blooms to come in next couple of weeks including the much anticipated baby Gordie! Dancing Queen, Double Queen, etc also to follow!
    Kristi

• taz56
    15 years ago

Kristi, those are lovely, awesome photo's!
    Susan

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

I await pictures of baby Gordie with much anticipation! Actually, I await any Hippi pictures with a big thrill, since it appears that my bulbs have finished for the season. I'm still hopeful of seeing a few more bloom, but it's not certain they will... so, I'll live vicariously through yours, Kristi!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'll have blooms throughout June (I think) as many are just starting to send up scapes. I hope there are more to come.
    Kristi

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    15 years ago

Beautiful blooms!!!

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

I'm hopeful of a few more blooms, myself, but I won't be disappointed if that's it... I was very lucky to have the bulbs I've got bloom for as long as they did.

I'm glad spring is finally here, and I'll enjoy summer very much... but it's when those bulb catalogs arrive in late summer with the Hippi photos that I'll really begin to get excited again!

Having something to bloom indoors over winter has made the entire year worth smiling about!