Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery - Rilona, Angelique or ???

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 25, 10 at 19:14

This was the bloom in 2008 (didn't bloom last year).
Rilona or Faro

This year's bloom is just opening. VERY big, and bold colors. Any ideas?? Someone had suggested Candy Floss...put your guessing caps on. Will post current photo tomorrow.
Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery - Rilona, Angelique or ???

Don't know what it is, but I have it too!! Don't think it is Candy Floss Tho!
Lorine

o

OK...here's the bloom this year/tonight! WHO AM I!?!?!
Photobucket

Have had to put a shade/tarp over the greenhouse to block the direct hot afternoon sun that blasts into the greehouse. Even with vents/screens open, it was 110 this afternoon. However, with my new "lemonade" attitude...all the fungus gnats and no-see-ums were killed! Nothing seems to be suffering, just can't believe how warm it gets! This sun block should keep things more reasonable, screens still open!

:-)
Kristi

o

Actually, this isn't the same bloom as the photo above. Top photo is ???Rilona, Angelique or Faro??? bottom photo with dark eye is ??? Had mislable from seller as Exotica. NOT!!
:-?
K

o

The second one is Appleblossom.

o

Mariava...it's so DARK!! I think it's beautiful, but was thrown off by the vibrant colors of the petals. The first year (not the first photo) it was just kinda pinkish...this year, with the cold winter....BOOM!!! So, remember that email about AB being a "Horse"....well, right now she's the prettiest pony in my stable, at least of the blooms at their peak! THANKS...I'll lable her correctly. Was really just thrown off by the colors.

SO...any thoughts on the first one??
;-)
Kristi

PS...AB was sold as Exotica!
K

o

Kristi...I have one of this and have given up finding it's true ID. What I came up before was this. If your is pink...Summertime. If it is pink with slight peach...Trendsetter.

o

Thanks Maria. I got home...ran to the greenhouse and stuck my nose into the bloom.....AHHHHHH....sweet. It's our friend Apple Bloosom. I'm jus struck by the color. AMAZING.

Now that I think about the top photo...it has to be Summertime. I had never heard of it prior to the trip to Keukenhof, and it's on my "must have list"...and I might just have her already. It looks just like it...from 2008???

Thanks again!
Kristi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here