Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

~~~Party Animal~~~

Hi Guys

Here is the next of my Maguires to rebloom (actually Amy Maguire re-bloomed earlier and she wasn't so pretty this time)..my Party Aninal.

Party Animal is very similar to Party Pooper but has larger but softer (less pigmented) flowers. If I had to choose between them I don't know if I could..again I only have two flowers..last year I had 3 or 4.

Here she is..another gorgeous flower with a goofy name...

without flash..

{{gwi:405984}}

with flash..

{{gwi:405985}}

{{gwi:405986}}

{{gwi:405987}}

Donna

Comments (11)

• dangles
    11 years ago

very nice donna i like her very much. i have party plus she is lovely as well. is it a big bulb my party plus has 14 leaves and the bulb is 6 " across only hade 1 scape on her last year she should put up 3 scapes this year keep up the good work danny

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Danny,
    I've never heard of Party Plus..I know there was another named Party Time.. but never saw either of these two offered on their website. (Actually, someone very nice from Australia did send me a picture of Party Time from a catalogue and it looked very pretty also "Clancy?") Please, Please make sure you post pictures of your bulbs.. all of them.. as they bloom. I for one, am dying to see them!!!

Donna

• e36yellowm3
    11 years ago

Lovely Donna! I love the Party series from Maguires ;-)

Alana

• clancy1985
    11 years ago

Hello Donna, how lovely of you to remember my name and the photo. Your Party Animal photos are beautiful. I was lucky enough to have mine bloom also, in our 2011 season - the blooms were quite frilly this time.

And hello also to dangles. I, too, would love to know what Party Plus is like. I might, just might have a Party Time coming my way but will wait to 'celebrate' after it's arrived.

• hippiezep
    11 years ago

Beautiful bold confident coloration - spectacular

• grant_in_arizona
    11 years ago

Beautiful! The blooms look like delicious peppermint candy, LOL. Thanks for taking the time and effort to share this beauty with us, Donna. Love it!

• edubose98
    11 years ago

Is there some way to order bulbs from maguires? They don't deliver to the usa?

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    11 years ago

Ed...please email me off the list. Use my email from my page.
    Kristi
    Kaboehm

• holantina
    11 years ago

It's simply gorgeous! You are a great photographer, Donna!

• Fred Biasella
    11 years ago

Hi Donna,

She looks like a delicious confection!!!! How beautiful!!!

Fred

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you both for the compliments but the credit goes to her for her pretty face. The above pictures were taken in April and she bloomed again for me this last Sept. I thought I had 2 viable seedpods but alas they didn't make it. Most probably the cold nights as it was a little too late in the year and she was planted in a whiskey barrel and by the time I decided to dig her up and bring her in it was too late.

Party Animal is a vigirous grower and blooms regularly. Only problem is having just two flowers. I think I remember the first blooming having more I'll have to look it up. Two flowers or more she is one my favorite Maguires..Party Pooper being a close runner-up! Both of these bulbs are good doers.

Quite a few of these Maguires are very vigirous and grow into large bulbs and yet many of them are duds in the growing department..all beautiful flowers but many of them just won't grow. I still have many from the first order that still to this day haven't bloomed!

I always try when I can to get seeds so the genes of these lovely flowers won't be lost.
    I currently have some selfed Valerie Marees and Tammy Tucker, Judith an Grantly all x White Christmas. Just a handful of each but I used plain white so as hopefully not to add another color to the mix..there are never many viable seeds but I keep trying and when I hit the mother-lode I will share them with anyone who wants any.
    I have made countless crosses with the Maguire bulbs and most all have failed.

I had a handful of selfed Shirley Mays with all those incredible colors and I gaffed the largest one with my digging fork when I lifted them this fall. I nearly cut it in half. Anyway, I keep trying...

Oh, and I also have several Tangellino x Blossom Peacock from the very first order that are growing great. Don't really know what to expect from that cross hopefully the orange won't dominate but I expect it will.

Donna

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts