Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
e36yellowm3

Harbour Lights from Maguires

e36yellowm3
14 years ago

Hi all, here's a picture of the Harbour Lights bulb I got from the Maguires co-op last year. It's the first bloom for it since it's one of the ones I planted right away last summer instead of letting rest. It rested over the winter and now has a big beautiful bloom on a nice strong scape. Alana
{{gwi:406233}}From Spring 2010

Comments (14)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    14 years ago

Just Beautiful!!

• Noni Morrison
    14 years ago

OH wow!

Any word from Ryan about doing another order?

14 years ago

Yes!! Any news from Ryan about doing an order? I second the request!!

14 years ago

Kristi, Did your Lady Diana bloom yet?
    Having trouble posting tonight, keeps making me change the subject line!!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    14 years ago

It's not open all the way yet...but it's coming. Will play photo studio tomorrow night!
    Kristi

{{gwi:399303}}

• e36yellowm3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kristi, that one is great. I just love that shape. I'm hoping the studio shots are up close so we can see more detail of Diana's pretty face! Alana

14 years ago

Donna send me a personal email...I will reply to you about something off list.
    Kristi

14 years ago

Sent, don't know if it went through(?)

• blancawing
    14 years ago

Hi Alana, Kristi, Donna, and Noni!

A little treat just to fan the fires of longing for Maguire's hippies...

Hugs,

Blanca

MaguireÂs Envy
    {{gwi:406235}}

MaguireÂs Envy Close-up
    {{gwi:406237}}

MaguireÂs Envy with Flash
    {{gwi:406239}}

14 years ago

Oh! That is really REALLY beautiful! Is this the first time it has bloomed for you? Definitely would love one of those!! Some of these Maquires are better than others, Envy is surely a winner!! Would you say that is a raspberry rather than pink picotee? Raspberries in cream!! Delicious!! Thanks!! Donna

• blancawing
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Donna!

Last year, after a long stressful journey and with few roots, she produced two weak blooms. This year, her flowers have great substance, plenty of Diamond Dusting, and are truly spectacular. Her picotee and matching stigma are definitely deeper than pink. I would say the color falls within the raspberry to fuchsia range. We need to ask Kristi or Maria to check their RHS Color Charts to be precise.

Now, I just wish that my Harbour Lights would bloom as prettily as AlanaÂs. Patience, patience, patience...

-B

• e36yellowm3
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh Blanca, that is beautiful. It certainly does fan the flames for folks with Maguires envy ;-) I've been busy picking out more, but I really want to try to limit myself this year. Try, anyway.

Alana

14 years ago

Hehehe...sorry, the RHS colour chart doesn't contain raspberry!! But...there are plenty of pinks! I'll guess it's going to be a purple pink. I need to wait until day light and I can take the computer outside and check. Blanca, the photo is only as good as my monitor (which is good, but....). Wish I could fly out with my RHS colour chart!! Are the colors in the photo without the flash pretty accurate?

My LD bulb is wasting away. It's so small, hardly any roots, etc. It's going to be a miracle if she makes it. Meanwhile Dame Patty and Forest Fire are big strong bulbs, with no blooms.
    Sigh...
    Kristi

• blancawing
    14 years ago

Hi Kristi,

Yes, the colors are accurately represented in the outdoor natural light shots.

Sorry about Lady Di. With your loving care, she will regain her strength and flourish.

You will love Forest Fire with its richly saturated melange of graduated color!!! I was too late to capture its full glory with a photo last year.

-B

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions