o
A couple photos of rebloomers and So. Africa bulb updates

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 2, 11 at 22:07

Here are a few photos from this morning:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This last bulb represents a real victory as the little bulb was nearly all rotted a couple of years ago. I cleaned it up and pampered it for 2009. In 2010 it overwintered in the greenhouse and then went into the group growing area. It must have liked the neighborhood!

I had a nice phone chat with a lister to strategize on some pollination strategies...everything I had planned turned out to not be practical because of the Tet/Dip thing. I wonder if I'll every understand that!!
:-)
K PS.. Here's an update on the bulbs I ordered as part of the group order. I am a total newbie to these.
AMOCHARIS CORANICA- leaves have just emerged about 1.5" in past few days. This bulb is HUGE!!!
HAEMANTHUS MONTANUS - had an aborted bloom when it arrived. It grew 2 long curly leaves and those have died back...bulb look dormant.
BOOPHANE DISTICHA - doing great!! 10 leaves arranged like a fan!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A couple photos of rebloomers and So. Africa bulb updates

Very beautiful hippeastrum and good choices with the south African bulbs. They are all some of my favorites.

o

Love them all..!

o

Holy cow, the middle photo of the pink flower is GORGEOUS! Kristi, what is it? I LOVE it!!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here