Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hippeastrum addiction

Posted by dangles none (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 3:18

just my thouhgts on on this affliction I find that it is the thing that I think about most of the time I can hardly wait for the dorment season to start because then im getting closer to the next blooming season but before this I have work to do on rejuvenating my beds and building new beds for the babies that have been started from last seasons seeds lots and lots lol the exciting part is watching the scaps starting to emerge on the re flowering bulbs but the real exciting part is the scapes on bulbs that have not flowered before I find I gat really excited and can hardly sleep I just want to watch them and have even gone out at night with a torch to check I have it really bad also I cant wait to see your creations they get me really excited as well please add your thoughts to this thread as to how your addiction effects u it should be interesting to hear your story as well Regards and happy growing Dannt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hippeastrum addiction

I have been known to visit my hothouse on numerous occasions for a head count before bed, especially when the heat pads are on under seeds. Lol..

o

I play music for the flowers (lol) and if the weather is bad, cloudy and rainy for a whole week I leave a infra red lamp on for the hippies during the night. Sometimes sit and look at each one of them checking if everything is alright.

o

Danny, do you have squirrels or any small mammals that disturb the bulbs in beds! I am getting ready to make large beds in the next year, but worry about bulbs being dug up by squirrels and things getting mixed up.
K

o

Danny,

You talk about rejuvenating beds and building new ones. Would you share how you do this? Also, how do you start your seedlings and how do you care for so many? Whatever you are doing works - as you have so many beautiful flowers.
Thanks,
-J

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here