Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hippiezep

Free seeds - dark red crosses

hippiezep
9 years ago

I can't help it when I see a nice stamen dripping with pollen and a healthy stigma casting around in the breeze, even though I don't actually have any more space to plant anything.

{{gwi:408512}}

In particular, I have a number of crosses of dark red varieties, some with the possibility of doubling - Benfica, royal velvet, Carmen, cherry nymph. If anyone would like some of these seeds and it is permissible to import them where you are, drop me a message and I'll shove a few in the post.

Comments (35)

• stampstudio73137 kemp
    9 years ago

I can use a few as i will give some to the garden club my wife started at the retirement home.
    THanks in advance.
    Bill Kemp

• jessiann63
    9 years ago

I'll take a few if you have more.

• retsec
    9 years ago

Would love to have some of your seed
    Nancy

• anadj76
    9 years ago

Hello! would like to have some of your seeds if you have more! Thank you!! New to amaryllis, about six months science I bought my first Red Lion and loving it!!

• 123marai
    9 years ago

hi HippieZep 11, Would love to have some of your seed. thankyou, you are so kind.

• phantomfisher
    9 years ago

If you have any left, I would love some seeds. I just got into growing these and it would be fun to dabble in different types. Thanks in advance!

• a_shau
    9 years ago

Hello! If you have any seeds left, I'd love to try my hand at them. Thank you!

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have put a few in the post for those who have mailed me their postal address. Anyone else, please let me know where to send them.

• 123marai
    9 years ago

yaayy...!! thankyou hippiezep, I'm so excited.

• veerle
    9 years ago

Hi HippieZep, do you still have some of those seeds? The dark reds are the ones I love most, I don't know how come I got to have so many other varieties (Double Record, Aphrodite, Papillo,Lemon Lime, Apple Blossom, White Nymph). Many of these are starting to bloom and I will try to pollinate them - if they take and you're interested of any of the crosses, I would be happy to offer them in exchange for your seeds (I know you have a huge collection and said you didn't have any space anymore, but just in case there's anything you like in my tiny collection...)

• chinhster
    9 years ago

Thank you so much! These seeds are going into soil asap! C

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've always found floating the seeds on water the best way. After about 10 days when the little white root is poking out, or even later when a green shoot appears, you can plant them in pots or in the ground

Geoff

• radiantjade
    9 years ago

I would love to have some seeds. Do you have any left?
    -jj

• 123marai
    9 years ago

Hi geoff.

Thankyou for the seeds.

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes back in Hong Kong and still a few left. Don't forget to send me a picture of the flowers in 2018!

• chinhster
    9 years ago

Hi Geoff, the little seedlings are poking their heads out! :D

• fuzzy57
    9 years ago

do you by any chance have any seeds left

• Michael O (USDA Z9 San Tan Valley AZ)
    9 years ago

Thank You, got the seeds yesterday...can't wait to see the blooms in a few years. :-)

Thanks Again
    Michael

• Valoriewithzinnias
    9 years ago

I would absolutley love a few amaryllis seeds if you still have a few to spare. I'm very new at all this stuff with computers and probably need all the help I can get. If I make mistakes, I'm sorry. I don't mean to. I also don't spell very good either. I don't have a fancy camera, so I can't show you any pictures of my sweet home surprise zinnias, but I can tell you they are gorgeos!!! I got mine in 2004 from Martha Turnbull and have kept my seeds pure. Martha died just a year or two later. Very sad. but I have plenty of seed!!!! A few days ago I got some StellaD'oro seeds. I can share. I also have logan giant bean if anyone is interested.

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I still have some in the fridge - I'm not sure how well they keep. but you can try. I can send some if you send me a message with a postal address

• Valoriewithzinnias
    9 years ago

Thanks !!! I'd love to try a few. I just love amaryllis !!! Do you want anything for them? SASE ? money ? zinnia seeds ? Let me know. My physical address is 3502 South Canal Street Newton Falls, Ohio 44444. I really hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.Valoriewithzinnias

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I've just dropped the last of the seeds in the post. They've been in the fridge for three months or so, so not sure how that may affect germination. As noted in this forum, the most promising way to germinate the seeds is probably to float them on the surface of water, and wait for a small white radicle (root) to appear after about a week before planting them.

• Crystal Godwin
    8 years ago

Your plants are beautiful. I would like to receive some seeds from you if possible. I want to try a few. How do I do that? Message you my address? Thanks Crystal

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Yes, just let me have your postal address

• cottonwood468
    8 years ago

I like to try a few of these crosses, if there are any in the bottom of the fridge. Please turn your Houzz email on. (upper right, click on Your Houzz - then edit profile - then advanced settings, scroll way down to "who can message me" and set it to "allow anyone to message me". Even if you are out, it will be fun to see the photos of these crosses roll in, some day.

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Ah, thanks, done it

• Theresa
    6 years ago

Hello does anyone have any seeds at all to share this year? I know the posts are old but I'm hoping? Thanks in advance for your replies...I'm just trying to get started again after loss of all my plants

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, I will have some - mainly the best dark reds. I have not more space to plant them.

• Theresa
    6 years ago

It looks like you don't have mail set up with Houzz. Would you please email tmrsfinds at msn dot com and I'll send you my address? Thank you so very much! I've been searching the site for awhile now for seeds, and I appreciate your generosity.

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    6 years ago

My email address is lammahippies@gmail.com

Geoff

• Theresa
    6 years ago

Cathy I sent you an email

• Cathy Cokley Shilow z8 SC
    6 years ago

Ok. I haven't gotten it yet but I'm looking for it c

• hippiezep
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Cathy - you can dro[ me an email with your postal address

• Cathy Cokley Shilow z8 SC
    6 years ago

Geoff thanks. I received my seeds on Friday. Already planted them.

Sponsored
King Construction Company LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Loudoun County, VA Custom Builder for Equestrian Facilities