Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free seeds - dark red crosses

Posted by HippieZep 11 (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 4:36

I can't help it when I see a nice stamen dripping with pollen and a healthy stigma casting around in the breeze, even though I don't actually have any more space to plant anything.

photo pods.jpg

In particular, I have a number of crosses of dark red varieties, some with the possibility of doubling - Benfica, royal velvet, Carmen, cherry nymph. If anyone would like some of these seeds and it is permissible to import them where you are, drop me a message and I'll shove a few in the post.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free seeds - dark red crosses

I can use a few as i will give some to the garden club my wife started at the retirement home.
THanks in advance.
Bill Kemp

o

I'll take a few if you have more.

o

Would love to have some of your seed
Nancy

o

Hello! would like to have some of your seeds if you have more! Thank you!! New to amaryllis, about six months science I bought my first Red Lion and loving it!!

o

hi HippieZep 11, Would love to have some of your seed. thankyou, you are so kind.

o

If you have any left, I would love some seeds. I just got into growing these and it would be fun to dabble in different types. Thanks in advance!

o

Hello! If you have any seeds left, I'd love to try my hand at them. Thank you!

o

I have put a few in the post for those who have mailed me their postal address. Anyone else, please let me know where to send them.

o

yaayy...!! thankyou hippiezep, I'm so excited.

o

Hi HippieZep, do you still have some of those seeds? The dark reds are the ones I love most, I don't know how come I got to have so many other varieties (Double Record, Aphrodite, Papillo,Lemon Lime, Apple Blossom, White Nymph). Many of these are starting to bloom and I will try to pollinate them - if they take and you're interested of any of the crosses, I would be happy to offer them in exchange for your seeds (I know you have a huge collection and said you didn't have any space anymore, but just in case there's anything you like in my tiny collection...)

o

Thank you so much! These seeds are going into soil asap! C

o

I've always found floating the seeds on water the best way. After about 10 days when the little white root is poking out, or even later when a green shoot appears, you can plant them in pots or in the ground

Geoff

o

I would love to have some seeds. Do you have any left?
-jj

o

Hi geoff.

Thankyou for the seeds.

o

Yes back in Hong Kong and still a few left. Don't forget to send me a picture of the flowers in 2018!

o

Hi Geoff, the little seedlings are poking their heads out! :D

o

do you by any chance have any seeds left

o

Thank You, got the seeds yesterday...can't wait to see the blooms in a few years. :-)

Thanks Again
Michael

o
Amaryllis seeds

I would absolutley love a few amaryllis seeds if you still have a few to spare. I'm very new at all this stuff with computers and probably need all the help I can get. If I make mistakes, I'm sorry. I don't mean to. I also don't spell very good either. I don't have a fancy camera, so I can't show you any pictures of my sweet home surprise zinnias, but I can tell you they are gorgeos!!! I got mine in 2004 from Martha Turnbull and have kept my seeds pure. Martha died just a year or two later. Very sad. but I have plenty of seed!!!! A few days ago I got some StellaD'oro seeds. I can share. I also have logan giant bean if anyone is interested.

o

I still have some in the fridge - I'm not sure how well they keep. but you can try. I can send some if you send me a message with a postal address

o

Thanks !!! I'd love to try a few. I just love amaryllis !!! Do you want anything for them? SASE ? money ? zinnia seeds ? Let me know. My physical address is 3502 South Canal Street Newton Falls, Ohio 44444. I really hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again.Valoriewithzinnias

o

I've just dropped the last of the seeds in the post. They've been in the fridge for three months or so, so not sure how that may affect germination. As noted in this forum, the most promising way to germinate the seeds is probably to float them on the surface of water, and wait for a small white radicle (root) to appear after about a week before planting them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here