Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
for donna

Posted by dangles none (My Page) on
Wed, May 8, 13 at 5:22

sorry u are upset with me donna I did not set out to upset u by having to many doubles lol the reason for so many doubles is because I put pollen of every double that I have onto all my single flowers ratio is 30% of the seeds wll be a double so that's 30 out of every 100 plants that germinate this season I have geminated around 4 to 5ooo plants yes that is 5000 so that is aprox1500 potential doubles from this season I hope that helps u donna to understand also as well as using blossom peacock I use many other doubles as well here is another double just for u donna reards and happy growing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: for donna

Danny,

Well, you've seriously got the 'magic touch" and I'm not upset with you, I just envy you!!! ;-)

This one is a beauty too and you seem to most always get 4 flowers to boot!

So Danny, what are your ultimate planns for all of these bulbs? Do you give away the ones that you consider second rate or do you keep them all? Do you have your own plans to open a hippeastrum farm to give Maguire's a little competition? Or is this just a "glorious senior citizen obsession"??

What ever the answers to these questions, you're doing a bang up job and obviously enjoying yourself and we (I) enjoy seeing all you lovely creations...

Donna

o
RE: for donna

Danny,

Does Lyn have the hippeastrum bug as much as you do? How do you care for that many seedlings. Sure wished I lived closer to you and Lyn so I could take some of those beauties off your hands LOL
-J

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here