Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dondeldux

Hippe Seeds ar on their way!!

Hi Arif and Izhar, this message is from Maria who is having difficulty getting her message to post! The GW gremlins must be at work again! Arif and Izhar, your seeds are on their way to you! Happy Hippie planting and good luck!!

Maria

Comments (41)

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Thank You so much.... :)...now just three more weeks to wait... lol

Izhar

• mariava7
    13 years ago

You are most welcome Izhar! And please remember that the seeds I sent you did not only come from me but also from our unselfish members here in this forum. I think I sent you 50 Hippie seeds.

ARIF...I got to send you a few of your requested seeds. Hopefully I will be harvesting some other ones in the next months. They do not produce a lot of seeds like the regular varieties. Will send you more if ever.

First shipment of Hippie seeds was sent last week also.
    I got to send 150 seeds and reserved some for Australia.
    Dizzy is willing to distribute the Hippie seeds in AU.
    I will send AU's first seed shipment once Dizzy's requested seeds come in. She only wants the interested parties to send her a self addressed/self stamped envelope.
    So anybody in Australia who is interested in these Hippie seeds, please contact me and I will give you details about Dizzy's mailing address. I will post here once the AU seeds are shipped.

A very good gardening friend in SA has also volunteered to distribute in SA. This is a very big help. I have promised the mentor 100 seeds for volunteering to do this.

Till then, keep on pollinating!
    Happy Hippie gardening to all!

A Benfica look alike from Australia.
    Exactly the same.
    And it is not "black" as it is named.
    {{gwi:408659}}

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Thank You all the generous and unselfish ones out there... :)

Izhar

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Just shipped out 500 Hippie seeds to SA today. 10 packets of 50 seeds each. I mixed the seeds I received from you guys with some of my yellow, Japanese and exotic (cybister/trumpet) seeds. There will still be another shipment to SA as I did not cover all the requests.

I also had to save some for Australia. I have several requests there too. I am planning to send the AU seed shipment in 2 weeks time (middle of May). Do you guys still need more time? If so I will inform them to wait a little bit longer. They are actually very excited and very thankful!

"Hey Maria, i would love to receive some hippie seeds. I have never grown them before but are willing to give it a go.Its a very nice thing you and your hippie friends are doing take care Donna (Australia)"

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

Maria, do you need take any more seeds for the next distribution? I have Minerva, Hercules and Red Lion almost ready for harvest. If so, would you please email me your mailing address?

Thanks!
    Carol

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Carol "The Pink Hippie Lady"(((hugs)))

But of course!!! They will be more than happy to grow any of your seeds in their gardens!

You go girl with your seedlings!
    Great FL growing! Will email you!

CORRECTION: It's "middle of June" and not "middle of May".
    Geeezzzz...Old age kicking in again! LOL!

Love ya guys!

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Hi Maria,

I still need more time, but you will have my contribution in hand before the middle of June shipment.

Best,

Blanca

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Maria, You'll have my contribution before the middle of June also!!

Donna

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Hey...no pressure, no hurry!

What ever I have by middle of June, I will send on to Australia. After that, whatever I harvest and receive will be sent on to South Africa again. Peter Miles, our SA Hippie seed mentor, as of today has 5 gardeners on the waiting list. The first 500 Hippie seeds have been taken and will have new homes to grow in SA.

These Australian and South African gardening friends of ours are right now going through their fall weather. So their winter gardening will be quite interesting, planting and germinating these seeds. For some of them, this will be their very first Hippie seeds to grow. I can just imagine what they will be feeling seeing that first root or first leaf. Do you all still remember those days???
    Ahhhhhh...the joy we are sharing!!!

• brigarif Khan
    13 years ago

Maria,
    Received the seeds last evening.Will be sowing them today.
    Thanks ((((HUGS)))).
    Arif

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

I did checked the Post Office in my area yesterday morning, they haven't got any mail for me yet :(

Izhar

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

okay I got the seeds....

I am not thanking any of you...

"Thank You" is a very small word for such immensely generous hearts...

what a lovely forum this is... 'm speechless

Izhar

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Yayyyyy!

Glad the seeds reached Pakitan safely!

Me and the forum members are more than happy to share. Soon a part of us, your USA gardening friends, will be growing in your gardens and hopefully give you joy in the years to come!

Good luck and good growing!

ARIF...Please update me on the progress of your seeds. Those are quite "finicky".

Some of the first batch of seeds sent to SA have arrived. The recipients are so happy and excited. They actually treasure them so much (calls them "precious seeds")and are quite scared they would fail in germinating them. Had to teach them how to germinate them Hippie seeds.

"Received my seed today Maria. Thank you so much.
    Now i'm all excited. What do i do next? Etienne(South Africa)"

"Maria, baie, baie dankie. (Pronounced similar to: buy a, buy a donkey ) - say this to any South African and they will know that you are saying 'many, many thanks'.
    Best regards,
    Ken (South Africa)"

• dizzy77
    13 years ago

Hi There Hippy Friends from around the world!
    I would like to thank you all in advanced for your generosity in seed and information sharing!
    Australian customs are so strict that even the big bulb companies won't ship here, so seeds are the only way we can get these wonderful varieties into our gardens.
    So.. Thank You

BTW Maria, are there many poeple on your AU list?

From Dizzy

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Hi Dizzy!

As of today, I got 7 in AU waiting list besides you.

13 years ago

Maria, how did you meet the AU folks? Have they posted on this forum and I missed it? Or did you meet them in another forum?

Carol

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Hey Carol!

Got your seeds today and they are looking great! Thank you so much!!

I go to this SA clivia forum where I read and learn about growing clivias. It has a lot of forum members from all over the world. There I got to meet these different gardeners. Most of them are from SA like most of us here in GW are from USA. Then there are members from AU, EU, China, US and a few Asian countries.

• dizzy77
    13 years ago

Yes I figured there would be a few as there is a big demand for Hippy seeds in AU.
    Maria, do you still have my address to give to these people?

13 years ago

Maria,

I'm glad you received the seeds and in good condition. Thank you for distributing them. You are providing a wonderful service and are putting smiles on so many faces!

Thanks for the update on the Clivia forum - is that the one on GardenWeb? Or another site?

Thanks!
    Carol

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Carol.... Yes it is in another site. Just received your third seed shipment. Thank you so much again! No, I won't tell you to "Stop". As long as you have seeds to share, there will be gardens out there that they can grow on.

Donna and Del...Got your seeds too! Thanks bunches!

Great news on the first 500 seeds to SA!
    Just received this message today from our SA Seed mentor...

"Yippie! Hippie!
    Seeds arrived this morning!
    Will post to all SA orderers on Monday.
    Thanks, Maria!

Peter (South Africa)"

A few weeks ago, Peter emailed me...
    "Hi Maria,
    Just an update!
    I now have 20 eager Hippie seed recipients. In other words, 10 for the first shipment and 10 for the second shipment.
    How many seeds do you have available for distribution to South Africans? I ask this as sometime, you will need to limit your generosity! I leave it up to you to post on the Hippie thread that you are running short of seeds for this year and therefore need to close further requests on the forum!
    Let me know!
    Warm regards, Peter"

I responded to this message of his that there will be enough seeds for everybody who wants them. With all these Hippie seeds you all are sharing, I guess I was right!

Thank you all so much!!!

13 years ago

Maria,

My fourth and final shipment is in the mail. No more flowers and no more seed pods.... until next April!

Carol

• brigarif Khan
    13 years ago

Maria God bless you.
    They are getting the best care. I think the result will be out in 3-4 days. I am quite hopeful.
    Arif

• brigarif Khan
    13 years ago

Hello,
    Maria ten seedligs are out and I am sure the remaining will follow.
    Arif

• mariava7
    13 years ago

Oh wow!

Has it been that long since I posted here? Life gets too busy sometimes!

Yayyyy for ARIF!!!

And thank you Carol(again) and Blanca (tons of Hippie seeds) for the seeds!

I have sent Australian shipment last week. 100 cybister seeds for our mentor...Dizzy. She'll go crazy over these.
    And 10 packets of 50 mixed seeds each. Total of 600 Hippie seeds. Wohooooooo!!!

This would not be possible without you all. As of today, "AT LEAST" 1,100 Hippies will be given a chance to grow in a garden somewhere.

Coming up next...SA shipment again. I think I have like 12-15 gardeners there waiting for their turn.

Flowers for everyone!

"MADONNA"
    {{gwi:383584}}

This just popped up from my cybister bulbs. I don't have a clue what it's true name is.

Happy summer gardening to all!!!

• cindeea
    13 years ago

Maria, I will try to get my bag of goodies out to you this week. Sorry for the delay.

• mariava7
    13 years ago

No "Sorrys" need Cindee.

I am actually thinking of delaying the next SA shipment until this World Cup thing is done. I have 2 SA shipments that are nowhere to be found possibly misplaced in SA with all these soccer players and fans' mails.

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

They are up!! Maria the gems have eventually germinated... :) it took 28 long days... very long days indeed... phew.. such a relief...

• izharhaq
    11 years ago

Finally...

{{gwi:408660}}

Original Author
    11 years ago

Looks exciting Izhar, please post a few pictures when it is completely out!! Good Luck,..Donna

• mariava7
    11 years ago

WOW!
    It's been a while...
    I didn't know this was bumped up till Kerrie(Australia) contacted me now.
    Good growing Izhar!!!

Here is a Hippie that bloomed last year in South Africa that was grown from the 2010 seeds batch we got to send them. That's just 2 years from seed.

A forum Hippie baby...

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Many thanks to Izhar for resurrecting this thread and giving us his news, and to Maria for actualizing her beautiful vision and sharing the "Forum Hippie Baby." I am filled with joy and nostalgia.

-Blanca

• mariava7
    11 years ago

(((((Blanca)))))

I am not as regular as I used to be in here anymore but I do still kinda carry "the torch" as much as my time and pocket can afford it. LOL

This is what I got to send to our South African gardening friends last year.
    25 packets of 20 seeds each (500 seeds total)of Cappuccino seed mix.
    My Cappuccino bulbs were so giving...
    {{gwi:408661}}

I am adding this as Donna did get to send me her extra Hippie seeds likewise last year. They were mixed with my other extra seeds and sent to Australia and South Africa again as the 25 Cappuccino seed packets were not enough.
    Thanks again Donna!!!

Kerrie...Please contact me through here with your email address and mailing infos.

This post was edited by mariava7 on Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 11:54

• berkeleysgr8
    11 years ago

It's nice to see a thread from 2010 resurrected so folks can see the outcome of the seed project! Izhar's bloom could be interesting! -Tina

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Hello Maria!

I'm happy that Nemo spared Virginia Yes, Cappuccino is an astonishingly fertile hybrid. Did you ever hear from Dizzy about how the cybister seeds thrived in Australia? I catch up on threads here whenever possible, but due to time constraints I rarely post myself. Please let me know when you plan another "share the beauty" project. My email address has not changed. Little Miss Summer must be a big girl and still your most precious flower.

Love and Blessings,

Blanca

• izharhaq
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words... :) the bloom didn't open as yet.. but it appears to be light orange colored with green throat.. whats special about this plant is it's germination date is my wife's birthday.. will share the pics as soon as it opens..

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Hello Izhar!

The germination date coinciding with your wife's birthday does make the bloom extra special.
    We look forward to seeing it with great anticipation.

Best regards to you and yours,

Blanca

• izharhaq
    11 years ago

{{gwi:408662}}
    {{gwi:408663}}

• mariava7
    11 years ago

Wow!!!

Look at that prominent greenish star.
    It's very beautiful Izhar.
    Just in time for Valentines Day!
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!!

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Izhar,

She is lovely! I hope that your wife likes her.

Cheers,

Blanca

Original Author
    11 years ago

Izhar,

Your flower is a real beauty and I'm sure you will justifiably name her after your wife..which I'm sure will please her immensely! Such a great job bringing this lovely flower to bloom from a seed!!... Congratulations...Donna

• izharhaq
    11 years ago

Thank you all.. we all liked the color as it appear glowing in morning and evening.. this plant was special from beginning as it was gift from the people who are so generous... thank you again for the gift.. :)

I got married last year and my wife's name is Saman which itself means Jasminum sambac flower.. so this hippe has earned its very special place in the garden.. :)

Sponsored