Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID - Hippeastrum macbridei ?

Posted by agapanthe64 8 / France (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 9:19

Hi all ,

I recently bought this Hippeastrum in a flowershow under the name of Hippeastrum macridei. As I can't find many information on this species, I was wondering if you could help me to confirm or not the name.

It has 2 flowers per scape ,the bulbs is quite small and the scapes are short ( but it is growing and flowering in a very small pot).

macbridei photo id1.jpg

macbridei photo id5.jpg

macbridei photo id4.jpg

macbridei photo id3.jpg

macbridei photo id2.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID - Hippeastrum macbridei ?

Beautiful flower, but I think as it is not true H. mackbridei. This
species have yellow or white flower.
Take a look, s`il vous plait, at the image in: http://www.bulbsociety.org/GALLERY_OF_THE_WORLDS_BULBS/GRAPHICS/Hippeastrum/species/H_macbrideii/macbrideii.html
Also take a look at the image of Tres Chic both Full House in
emaryllis.com/photo-library/single-flowered-q-z/
:)

This post was edited by oleg9grower on Wed, May 29, 13 at 12:33

o

If it is a species and not a hybrid then H yungacensis would seem to be the closest.

o

Thank you for your help , so maybe it is an hybrid , I'll try to talk with the seller to get more information.

o

Thank you for your help , so maybe it is an hybrid , I'll try to talk with the seller to get more information.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here