Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rgebczynski

Updates on the blooming and a bit more

rgebczynski
10 years ago

Hello everyone,
I hope you are enjoying yourself as much as I am because it's the May long weekend here in the UK! And the weather is supposed to finally stabilize itself and it might get up to 23 degrees Celsius.
I just wanted to share some pictures of my current blooms, Flamenco Queen just opened her flowers yesterday. My Minerva is slowly fading away but I pollinated her with Picotee and Flamenco Queen. And well... Picotee has been my constant ray of hope in my room since the day of my Surgery, it's still blooming, and furthermore it sent a third steem. Also to show some beauty I'm posting some of my pictures I took when I visited the Royal Botanical Garden in Cambridge last week with my friends.

Comments (21)

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Flamenco Queen and the happy bunch

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I hope to do some pictures tomorrow in natural light

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Royal Botanical Garden

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Rob,

Happy pollinating on your flashy Flamenco Queen. I've found in the past that she sets big fat seeds easily.

The Royal Botanical Garden looks like a lovely place to spend an afternoon, alone or with friends!

What is your first picture? That's not the Minerva you were referring to is it.. because, I doubt that it is Minerva...

Donna

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Is it not Donna?
    I ordered is a Minerva, and honestly though it is one! But since Emaryllis is down again I can't even check. Have you any suggestion what might it be?

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The only thing I found matching is either Clown or Superstar... so I have my first mislabel... any suggestions?

Rob.

Ps. It still a lovely mislabel, wonder what will come out of it and Flamenco Queen

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    10 years ago

Rob,

I'm not really sure what your red and white one is. I have a Clown and a Popov and also a Toronto but I 'm not sure they match yours. If you want me to post pictures of them so you can compare, I will.. but, there are several other red and white striped flowers so maybe someone else will recognize yours and be able to give you a clue!

Donna

• dangles
    10 years ago

I love your mislabled bulb it is stunning regards and happy growing danny

• hippiris
    10 years ago

The gorgeous orange flowers in one of the photos above, does anyone know what they are? I have collected some seeds and there was no label. Was hoping not to have to wait till they flowered to find out what they were. Cheers, K

• sun_worshiper
    10 years ago

What did the leaves look like? It looks like a canna to me.

• rgebczynski
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know it had Inferno in the name but that's all.

Rob

• hippiris
    10 years ago

Thanks, I don't think the seeds I got were from a canna, the leaves were more like a freesia, about 12 inches tall, the flower spikes were about 8 to 10 inches above that. Will have to see if the label is updated when we revisit the sight in about a week, will keep you posted. Cheers, K

• sun_worshiper
    10 years ago

Cool, I would like to know what it is too.

• oleg9grower
    9 years ago

I guess that photo in the first post - is Toronto. But additionally need to know: how were placed "wings" (internal upper sidelobes) in the middle and at the end of flowering.

• oleg9grower
    9 years ago

Doubling

This post was edited by oleg9grower on Mon, Jan 26, 15 at 12:25

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets
More Discussions