Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Updates on the blooming and a bit more

Posted by rgebczynski none (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 11:17

Hello everyone,
I hope you are enjoying yourself as much as I am because it's the May long weekend here in the UK! And the weather is supposed to finally stabilize itself and it might get up to 23 degrees Celsius.
I just wanted to share some pictures of my current blooms, Flamenco Queen just opened her flowers yesterday. My Minerva is slowly fading away but I pollinated her with Picotee and Flamenco Queen. And well... Picotee has been my constant ray of hope in my room since the day of my Surgery, it's still blooming, and furthermore it sent a third steem. Also to show some beauty I'm posting some of my pictures I took when I visited the Royal Botanical Garden in Cambridge last week with my friends.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Updates on the blooming and a bit more

Flamenco Queen and the happy bunch

o

I hope to do some pictures tomorrow in natural light

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Royal Botanical Garden

o

Rob,

Happy pollinating on your flashy Flamenco Queen. I've found in the past that she sets big fat seeds easily.

The Royal Botanical Garden looks like a lovely place to spend an afternoon, alone or with friends!

What is your first picture? That's not the Minerva you were referring to is it.. because, I doubt that it is Minerva...

Donna

o

Is it not Donna?
I ordered is a Minerva, and honestly though it is one! But since Emaryllis is down again I can't even check. Have you any suggestion what might it be?

o

The only thing I found matching is either Clown or Superstar... so I have my first mislabel... any suggestions?

Rob.

Ps. It still a lovely mislabel, wonder what will come out of it and Flamenco Queen

o

Rob,

I'm not really sure what your red and white one is. I have a Clown and a Popov and also a Toronto but I 'm not sure they match yours. If you want me to post pictures of them so you can compare, I will.. but, there are several other red and white striped flowers so maybe someone else will recognize yours and be able to give you a clue!

Donna

o

I love your mislabled bulb it is stunning regards and happy growing danny

o

The gorgeous orange flowers in one of the photos above, does anyone know what they are? I have collected some seeds and there was no label. Was hoping not to have to wait till they flowered to find out what they were. Cheers, K

o

What did the leaves look like? It looks like a canna to me.

o

I know it had Inferno in the name but that's all.

Rob

o

Thanks, I don't think the seeds I got were from a canna, the leaves were more like a freesia, about 12 inches tall, the flower spikes were about 8 to 10 inches above that. Will have to see if the label is updated when we revisit the sight in about a week, will keep you posted. Cheers, K

o

Cool, I would like to know what it is too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here