Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

My last shipment from Royal Colors for the season

I just opened the box of bulbs that arrived from Royal Colors. When I ordered my Luna and Mount Blanc (mother bulb) I was told on the site that I'd get a surprise bulb. BOY DID I EVER!!!! In addition to what I ordered I got 2 surprise bulbs....Rebecca and Germa. And, the Germa is a clister that has 17 babies clinging to the side! I just looked these up online. Rebecca is a fragrant pink trumpet and Germa is yellow and a species!!!!! I must have been done something very good in life recently (hmmm...thinking....) to have deserved such good bulbs!

BTW...I opened each bag and most of the bulbs have thick, fresh white roots. SO....even ordering this late in the season, I got bulbs that look like they haven't been out of the field too long! I go home in 3 hours...I can't wait to get these planted!!

:-)....so happy!

Kristi

Comments (12)

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

Whah! I didn't get any surprises :(

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Waaaa...it said with a certain number of bulbs, you get a surprise bulb. Anna....did you meet the minimum?? Can't believe it was only to the USA! I just pasted this from the site:

SPRING SALE:

Receive 1 surprise bulb for free with each order over
    EUR 25,- / USD 35,-

or receive 2 surprise bulbs for free with each order over
    EUR 70,- / USD 98,-

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

My order was $42.

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Kristi, nice work on the freebie bulbs. You'll love Rebecca! I got one in the Yahoo coop and it was most excellent. Fragrant, beautiful, and a strong grower. It's bulblets are huge in fact, and it's seeds did a great job germinating. Both of your bulbs sound great in fact. Which bulbs did you get that you ordered? Such fun! Alana

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Great Score, Kristi (and how very generous of Paul)!

Hi Anna,

RC's Soldes Printemps started on April 11th. Perhaps you placed your order prior to that date.

Recevez 1 amaryllis gratuite avec votre commande de plus de EUR 25, -

Recevez 2 amaryllis gratuite avec votre commande de plus de EUR 70, -

Best regards,

Blanca

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

Well, that's not really fair to send an email end of March urging people to get one more order in, and then offering free bulbs 10 days later. Not fair at all - especially for a regular customer.

Original Author
    13 years ago

Dear Anna and all,

Gosh...I'm afraid to post anything anymore. I was so excited about getting my last bulbs of the season, and in such great shape...and with my 2 bulbs that were "surprises" as per the website...I had no idea that someone's feelings would be hurt.

Anna, I'll be happy to share some Germa babies when they get roots!

Sales happen all the time and usually I'm the one that shops on Tuesday and the big sale is announced on Wednesday.

In their emails, I think (I'm not sure) that RC was letting people know that the end of the shipping season is fast approaching. I can't defend their timing of the addition of the surprise bulb(s) for an order of a certain size. For once I got lucky...and again, I'll send you Germa babies if it's possible to send them to Canada.

Sigh.....
    Kristi

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

Oh gosh, Kristi - sorry to bum you out - didn't mean to. Be happy for your wonderful bulbs!

PS - plant material cannot be sent to Canada (just seeds) - but I appreciate the thought.

:)

• russ2009
    13 years ago

Kristi:
    I lucked out today and ordered 3 bulbs from Brent n Beckys in VA. Their bulbs are 50% off and I ordered Apple Blossom' -Baby Star'- Aphrodite.
    I can't find a double white (Alfresco)
    I didnt get a bonus like you but still
    pleased to find bulbs this late in the season.
    Russ

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

Kristi,

Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could
    So, somewhere in your youth or childhood
    You must have done something good.

A classic. : )

Congratulations on your new bulbs! SCORE!!

Carol

Original Author
    13 years ago

Carol....I LOVE that movie!!! Austria is in my near future.
    Can I dance with the "young" him?????ooooooooo!
    :-)
    K

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

One of my favorites, also. For those who don't know what we are talking about, it is a song from the movie "The Sound of Music". When I was just a little kid, my mother played the record over and over. I linked the song on YouTube below. You're welcome. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie Andrews singing

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions