Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neon

Posted by jstropic (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 14:17

This is a bulb that gets better and better. The color and number of flowers is amazing. The pot, with mother bulb and offsets has bloomed three times since January. Love this one!
-J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neon

Wow, are you having good luck with that one, I envy you!! Mine on the other had gets smaller each year and I only had 2 flowers this time on a bulb that is now about the size of a golf ball, barely.

Lovely photo!!

Donna

o
RE: Neon

Don't feel bad, Donna... I've had several bulbs that, no matter how well treated, have just shriveled away to nothing over time, ending in papery husks that end up tossed out. I keep wondering what I'm doing wrong, but now I don't think it's me... I think it's simply genetically weak bulbs.

I've had a couple of Apple Blossoms go this route, along with a few other named varieties. At first, I thought it was something I was doing wrong... but by now, I'm fairly good at growing tender bulbs, so...

It's frustrating, no doubt... but I don't think there's a lot we can do about it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here