Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

Greetings from the garden

Noni Morrison
12 years ago

Just stopped by to say "hi". Not much time to spend on Amaryllis right now as I struggle to get my cut flower business "Blooming" after the longest coldest winter in our history. I do have an occasional hippy bloom that I note in passing. Right now I am really enjoying the sonatinas I got from Colorblends, especially the pale yellow.

Its been a year filled with awkward injuries that have put the kabosh on much of my garden labor... now trying to stage a come back, with injured ankle healed at last but now spinal problems, SI joint, and others, move in to claim their territory...sort of like a domino effect. DIscovered that I was allergic to my arthritis meds that have kept me gardening for years, so now going it with just an occassional tylenol, and lots of chiropractic.

Made up 18 bouquets from my garden for sale this morning, but have found a lot of my flowers damaged by the late freezes, as well as winter kill on my roses that have done fine here for 11 years.

On todays agenda, planting vegetable garden with my son, and maybe planting the first few dahlias into the part ofthe ground that is prepared for them.

May the sunshine bless all, and may the "too much rain" affecting so many of us go visit the two Ryans and anyone else who really needs it!