Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm sure you do the same

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 18:10

I'm sure you all do the same, but I still have to smile at myself. Today I harvested a ripe seed pod around 4:15 pm. Seeds were planted by 4:30 pm! (34 seeds were in this pod.) "Get growin'!" I said to them!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm sure you do the same

That's great - congratulations!

Best,

Blanca

o

I hope you didn't mean you planted the seed pod whole? I sure was surprised to see those little pieces of paper sprout. Enjoy your new plants

o

Haha! I threw away the black things first.

o

I have 5 jars sitting on the counter with oodles of seeds floating in each one. Then I have 2 planter boxes divied into 1/4s with different crosses in each section...and 6 6" pots with seeds. WHEW...and still have pods ripening. So much for practicing self control this year. The Jewel and Zombie pollen got me so excited...I lost and willpower. AND....I had grown impatient with the seeds in soil, so floated a batch, and 2 days after floating...the seeds in soil started popping up sprouts. Guess it's a "tie" here as to which method works best for me!
:-)
Enjoy the babies....
Kristi

o

Kristi, that is fantastic! Post pictures of your sprouts when you can. I had six more pods ready today. The seeds of two pods were sent to Maria for the SA/AU donation. All of the seeds of the other four pods were planted immediately: ten 6-cell cellpaks, three seeds per cell. I think that is something like 180 seeds. And like you, I am still watching a lot of unripened pods, too! Looks like I will be buying more cellpaks this year. :)

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here