Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

super fast germination AND end of season activities

I had made a cybister cross with Charisma. I floated the seeds on Tuesday of this week, and this morning (4 days later) nearly every seed has a long white root hanging down. That has to be a personal best!!

It's the end of the season in the greenhouse, and I am busy moving 40-50 plants a day to the side yard. This has been going on for 2 weeks and I hope to finish tomorrow. Each pot gets inspected and cleaned, systemic insecticide and fertilizer added, fresh soil added, thorough watering and then off to live in the Hippi commune under the shade cloth on the east side of the house. They were all pretty happy there last summer as was evident by all the repeat blooms I got this spring! Whew...my back will be glad when I am done! I have to limit my outdoor chores to early morning as the humidity has arrived and by noon...it's unbearable! (at least for me)

Got a text message today that an amaryllis I gave a friend years ago is blooming! She's thrilled. In the past, the slugs got to it (she's in central CA) and this year it was war!

;-)

Kristi

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists