Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holy Cow, Something New at GardenWeb

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 9:12

Wow! GardenWeb finally, after years of being behind the bandwagon, added the ability to directly add an image to a post! If you click on "Post a Message", at the top of the form there is a new field that reads, "Image file to upload (optional)" and a Browse button. I haven't seen any official announcement form GardenWeb, but there it is.

The new functionality appeared in several of the GardenWeb forums that I checked.

Was it worth the wait? What do you think? How do you like it? It looks like you can add only one photo per post. I wonder if they will amend this in time, too?

Remember all those conversations we had early this year about this website, the discussion about moving the group elsewhere, and the most common complaint of how difficult it is to add photos? Maybe someone at GardenWeb was listening. Although the ability to directly post photos has long been a standard and staple of almost every other forum, it looks like GardenWeb is making an effort to be more user-friendly.

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holy Cow, Something New at GardenWeb

Carol, Well you know I noticed that last night for the first time and was going to try it, but I'm so adept (now) at posting pictures that I decided not to try..so I am going to try right now..lets see what I come up with..hold on, I'm going to peruse through my 7000 pictures...
Ok, it only let me post one and when I tried another it removed the first picture and substituted the second one..so here is the first picture anyway...

Oh No, it removed the other picture..only letting me send one regardless of which way I sent it..
Hey Guys!! You're on the right track, but there is room for improvement..good for some folks though...

Donna

o

Oh...I want to try, too.

Could some please help with an ID for this bloom, if possible. Many thanks.

o

Tiny (14" long!) frog on a Hibiscus leaf!

Let's see if this works!

o

That should have read 1/4" long frog!

o

All the pictures are so cute! Donna, what kind of baby birds do you have? I have a nest box of bluebirds!

Carol

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Carol,
Those "were" and the word is "were" baby Gray Catbirds..alas they are gone, I found one dead baby in the nest and the other 2 were missing...:-(( so sad.....

o
RE bluebirds

...hopefully your bluebirds will end up with a much happier fate, we never see bluebirds in our area, at least I've never seen them, I think they like open fields. One year we put up a couple of bluebird boxes on posts and squirrels chewed the opening in the box and destroyed the boxes..they were never inhabited anyway...

Yours are adorable..can't wait to see more pictures along the way....

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here