Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khatwoman

Mini Red Amaryllis

khatwoman
10 years ago

A while ago my amaryllis got attacked by lubber grasshoppers and I end up cutting that stem off because the damage was too bad. Luckily I had another one growing but 3 out of the 5 are growing pretty ok. The other two seem to be wilting/dying. How do I fix this.

Comments (5)

• khatwoman
    Original Author
    10 years ago

another view

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    10 years ago

Blooms wilt after several days; some hybrids have longer-lasting blooms than others. This is normal! You can cut those spent blooms off, and enjoy the others.
    K

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Just wondering, it does not sprout leaves? I bought garden pink amaryllis bulb from Lowes, grow several leaves, no flower yet.

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    10 years ago

It should put out leaves next. Most of the bulbs prepped to bloom first put out blooms and then the leaves appear. Sometimes bulbs will put out leaves first, but blooms without leaves, or just little leaves peaking out, seem to be more of the norm.

I think that blooms from bulbs with leaves are even more beautiful. The color of the bloom and the rich green leaves are just striking.
    K

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info. This is my first time growing amaryllis, bought a lot and trade a lot bulbs n seeds.

Sponsored
More Discussions