Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picotee in bloom...

Posted by rredbbeard SE CT USA/zone 6 (rredbbeard@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Jun 16, 10 at 15:49

I bought this bulb last Fall and stored it over the winter--it was worth waiting for! This has one of the nicest/compact growth habits...

Picotee 2010
Picotee 2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picotee in bloom...

Very beautiful!!

o

Picotee is one of the prettiest, to me. Yours looks healthy.
You must be doing something right.
Del

o

Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Xuan

o

Wow!!
Picotee is gorgeous.
I gotta have one of those soon.
thanks for sharing the pic.
Russ

o

Wow that looks great - and three scapes at once. I love it when that happens... just a whole bunch of blooms at once. I wish I could figure out how to make that happen more reliably.

Alana

o

Strong bulbs=more flowers, of course. I am a big advocate of slightly overpotting my hippi's and putting them on the south side of the house outdoors to get almost maximum sun exposure. You'll burn off the 'indoors' leaves, but the new leaves will be that much stronger. With that much exposure, they need a lot of water and feeding, then when the weather starts turning colder, I put them (ready or not) into the basement where they stay dormant until April.

Would anyone like some 'White Christmas' seeds that just matured? I would also like to find a few cybister seeds to swap, or some other unusual hippi.

Let me know!

Thanks,

--Rr

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here