Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharp White Leaf Spots?

Posted by GrowSis 9B Inland Empire,CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 16:25

I found this on two (#1 & #2) of my Amaryllis leaves today. I thought it was dust but it doesn't rub off. Nine days ago I transferred the plant to a new pot for drainage without adding new soil. Two days ago I fertilized with my usual liquid (1/4 tsp/gal Jack's). It's not on all the leaves and it appears to be mainly at the tips.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharp White Leaf Spots?

Looks a bit like insect damage to me.
Kristi

o

• Posted by GrowSis 9B Inland Empire,CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 19:56

Do you mean damage from external insects like flies etc. or do you mean some sort of infestation in the plant?

o

Hard to tell since I have never had this. Flies wouldn't do this. This is possibly some sort of sucking insect. How does the new growth look? If the new growth shows no signs, then you may be in the clear and this was just a passing nibble.
K

o

• Posted by GrowSis 9B Inland Empire,CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 21:40

No new growth yet but it's just at the tips, not the entire leaf length so hopefully it's not internal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here