Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deepak_gw

New hybrids

deepak
14 years ago

I have 3 hybrids this year from breeding done 3 years ago. Have a look at these.

Comments (16)

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

Very nice work! Congratulations!!

I particularly like the last one, the white with the very thin red veining. Very beautiful!

Thanks you for sharing them with us.

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Deepak, these are beautiful. I assume then that they're three year old bulbs from seed. That's pretty quick from what I understand. Alana

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    14 years ago

Deepak, did you keep records of the parents of these blooms? Please list them! They are very nice!
    Kristi

• npublici
    14 years ago

All three are beautiful. I would like to know the parentage.
    Del

• amelia_pepper_lady
    14 years ago

They are all beautiful. My favorite is the third one. Exquisite!

• deepak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dear All, Unfortunately I haven't kept records of the parentage. What I am trying to do is to cross the Aussie ones with the Dutch, American, Japanese & Israeli hybrids that I have collected over the last 5 years (about 260 cultivars). Hopefully to create `new blood' hippeastrums. Its just a satisfying hobby for me.

• frank27603
    14 years ago

deepak- Those are all gorgeous! I especially like the first one. The coloring and shape of bloom is such a great combination! Are these more petite blooms? The other 2 look like larger blooms, but hard to tell.

I (as I'm pretty sure many others too) am very interested in your hybrid collection. Please do share more!

Thank you for sharing!

-Frank

• mariae
    14 years ago

I am with Frank, the first one is so nice, it seems to be a delicate balance in it.
    Thanks for the pics they are gorgeous.
    Mariae.

• paxfleur
    14 years ago

Beautiful hybrids Deepak. Please do keep us posted on your future crosses. Are those guava trees in the background? They look like some sort of fruit tree?

• deepak
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Paxfleur - Sorry for the delay in replying your question. Yes tthey are guava trees in the background.

• txgrnhs
    14 years ago

i really like the first hybrid best. the way that the green pours out from the center and blends into the background color is gorgeous. how would you describe the background color? is the background color more pink or creamy-yellow? whatever the background color is, the red veining on that background is very striking. i also like the narrowness of the petals. it reminds me of the hardy red amaryllis, st joseph lily.

how very exciting it must be to observe the first time bloom of a new hybrid you created! this year was my first year to plant amaryllis seeds and am looking forward to seeing their first blooms, some where off in the future!

• larschar
    14 years ago

Quite gorgeous! I need to play with hybrids this year. My attention span is "eh" though. lol

• karanb1r
    13 years ago

Very nice Deepak!
    Shabash!
    :)

I think its cool that youre trying to create your own unique flower but you should keep track of what you cross so people will know what you crossed

• dancacti
    13 years ago

I really like the shape of the first flower

• brigarif Khan
    13 years ago

Congratulations, they are all eye catchers.
    Arif

• houstonpat
    13 years ago

Deepak,
    Do you have contact info for a Japanese source? I've found some info on the web, but never recieved a reponse.

Sponsored
More Discussions