Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
olgaflowers

American Meadows

olgaflowers
15 years ago

I just placed an order with them, They have Pink Diamond !!

I hope it's a good Company.

I also ordered one called The Clown does anyone have

a photo of one to share.

Thank's Olga :)

Comments (8)

• beetle_2007
    15 years ago

Hi olgaflowers! here is a pic of my Clown Iv'e had since 2000. Blooms faithfully, every year.

{{gwi:393423}}

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

I've never ordered from American Meadows, but I haven't heard anything bad, either. Clown is a wonderful choice, Olga! From what I've been told, the flowers are absolutely huge! And, they're quite gorgeous, too! It's on my list of "I really want that one" bulbs! I'm hoping to get one this winter!

I haven't solidified yet who I'll order from this fall, or what I'll order... but I still have lots of time. I probably won't be going hog-wild, like I did last year! The bug bit, and I just went nuts buying bulbs! I really over-bought, is what I did, and now, I have to figure out how I'm going to give them all the light and space they need, while at the same time, adding new ones to the collection! What a mess!

Sometime between now and when frost hits, I have to untangle the jungle, and set up the shelving units to take best advantage of the window space... and figure out how I can best hang the lights so everyone gets the amount they require! It all has to be fairly easily accessed, too, so there won't be any trouble watering and caring for them all... it should prove to be one heck of a project!

Not only are there 50 plus bulbs, there are also orchids, bulb seedlings and young stock, and a few other houseplants... not to mention the wonderful cacti cuttings I have begun to collect! Where, oh where, will I put everything??

We haven't even begun to put up the greenhouse, so that's out of the question... I was hoping to be able to use it by this fall, but there's so much prep work to get it started, and things have been so hectic here, and the weather hasn't exactly been in a cooperating mood... I can't count on greenhouse space until at least next summer sometime, if then!

Well... my bulbs will just have to be a little bit crowded until I figure out a more permanent plan of action... or until the greenhouse becomes a reality, and not just a dream in a box, out in the garage!

What? Oh yes... Clown... excellent choice, Olga! I look forward to seeing photos of its wonderful blooms!

• olgaflowers
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank's Beetle for posting your picture.
    Now I'm glad I went ahead and order it, and Jodi,
    giving me her o.k. makes it even better !!
    I do hope You get your Greenhouse built one day Jodi
    in the mean time just keep posting your Pictures of your wonderful flowers !!
    t.c. Olga

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Actually, I believe it was Cindee who posted a photo of her Clown in bloom... and when I saw it, I wanted one! Especially after she said it was huge and sturdy, and a very good grower! I love the colors... so bright and cheery! It would be a welcome addition to any bulb collection, I think!

I have a feeling that the greenhouse won't begin to go up until next year... there are just too many other projects that must take a front seat. It's ok, though... I have so much to keep me busy right now, that having a greenhouse to manage would be extra work that I don't think I could handle at this point in time! Next year will be soon enough!

• cindeea
    15 years ago

My clown blooms in summer Olga! It's going on now. It is one of my largest plants and flowers.
    {{gwi:419693}}

I have ordered from American Meadows before, not amaryllis, though, other bulbs and was happy with them.

• olgaflowers
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cindee,
    Your very lucky ! to be having your Amaryllis blooming
    right now. Thank's for posting your picture !!
    I look forward to recieving my order in the fall.
    I even order Pink Diamond didn't think I'd ever find one.
    Olga :)

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Olga, you will absolutely LOVE Pink Diamond. I am not a Pink Person, even, but it has a magnificient large pink-pink bloom with a lovely distinctive green/white star center. Here's my PD from last winter. I hqve very long hands by the way. The blooms are huge. I hope you enjoy yours!
    {{gwi:419694}}

• jodik_gw
    15 years ago

Pink Diamond is so pretty! Great photo, Cindee! If I didn't already have so many pinks, I'd definitely get a Pink Diamond!

Sponsored
More Discussions