Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An act of desperation: a guilty confession

Posted by rredbbeard SE CT USA/zone 6 (rredbbeard@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Jul 16, 12 at 14:23

I just noticed that my next-door tenant (same house, opposite side) has 2 ratty hippi's that look like virus central, in a standard HD ceramic pot. I'm actively planning on surreptitiously disposing of the bad plants, bleaching the deck and replacing them with healthy plants of same size, probably some of my own. The ceramic HD pot will get a fatal dose of physan.

Why not just ask them? I know these guys, and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't replace the sick plants any time soon if at all, and I don't want to risk infecting my plants. Mosaic leaves are pretty and make them look...special...

Anyway, they get better plants/I get action and peace of mind.

What would you do in this situation? :-/

--Rr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An act of desperation: a guilty confession

Roundup would be easier..LOL

o

(I did that this morning.)

:-X

I get up at 4 AM due to my work schedule, so it's easy to go unnoticed...

o

I think that you offering to dispose of the MV plants and replace with healthies would be a win-win. Especially if you tell them that bulbs with MV don't bloom as predictably.

Yup...win-win!
love the :-X
;-)
K

o

i think if it were me i would just do it, and hope they didn't notice, then when they die down replace them with a different color then do it again and again and again. so the first year it blooms red then it blooms pink then white then a mix of red and white and so on. it could be really funny to watch, although it would be a running joke for many years, then just to mess with them replace it with a whole mess of daffodils and see what happens.

I really hope you have fun with it, because i now am going to go have some fun with a friend of mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here