Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to wake up dormant seedlings?

Posted by oleg9grower 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 18:30

My seeds from crossing striped hippeastrums ,germinated, raised root, bulbs and fell asleep. For about a month, does not want to grow leaves.
What should I do?
Maybe put them in the fridge for stratification?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to wake up dormant seedlings?

Wenn I had seeds, I putted them in water first and wenn there was a root with bulb I potted them up in moist soil. Perhaps it is a solution? But probably other people here have experience and have a better idea?

o
RE: How to wake up dormant seedlings?

Thanks, I did not plant the seedlings into the soil until they grow up leaf. Of course, the idea of ​​a cooling in the fridge - it's a joke:)).
As of today, quite by accident (well, not really, it was necessary to move my Slavic brains), it was found that the best alarm clock is (but as for man) - sunshine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here