Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm so excited....speaker invitation!!

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 18:37

The local garden center has invited me to speak to 2 (TWO!!) local garden clubs in mid-October about amaryllis!! I'll give another presentation in mid-November to the public about growing amaryllis to bloom for the holidays and how to keep them alive throughout the year (and getting them to rebloom the following year).

I'm so excited to be given the opportunity to educate the public about about my favorite plant!! AND...MAYBE, JUST MAYBE a few less people will toss their amaryllis out on the compost heap after it's bloomed for Christmas!
;-)
Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm so excited....speaker invitation!!

Congrats Kristi, that is indeed quite an honor and I'm sure you will do a great job with lots of fantastic pics to demonstrate everything :o) Dan

o

That's wonderful!! If anyone can convert a few more people to share this addiction, you can, with your passion!! Good Luck!!!

Donna

o

Re: "JUST MAYBE a few less people will toss their amaryllis out on the compost heap after it's bloomed for Christmas!"

But don't forget to mention the Phillips Center for Unwanted Hippeastrum Bulbs which is located in Orlando, FL - just in case. I believe you have our address. (LOL)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here