Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
QUESTIONS for Josh :D

Posted by karanb1r 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 21:51

Howdy Josh,

KB here.
Just curious how was your trip to South America.. I haven't been on the forums for a while but I read a bunch of posts when i do check in. I remember you were scheduled for a trip to South America... And since I couldnt find any posts elsewhere about your trip... HOW WAS IT!!!? WHAT DID YOU SEE??? SEE ANY AMAZING PLANTS???

- KB :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: QUESTIONS for Josh :D

KB,

Sadly I had a few major surgeries unexpectedly this year and I'm not healed enough to go this year :(

They're on one trip now and one next month, believe me, I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to go!

LUCKILY because I have such amazing friends they're collecting for me, I've provided them with a bunch of information to find some species that have been lost for more than 40 years, hopefully it works out ;)

Josh

o

Wow you have some terrific friends! Hopefully they find some nice specimens. I hope you feel better... I have never had a surgery of any sort but I dread having one. Feel better and when your friends return post some photos up please :)

- KB

o

KB,

They indeed are great friends ;) Hopefully they bring back the possibly extinct H. fuscum, H. oconequensis and H. forgetti! I have my fingers crossed!! None of these plants are in cultivation and no one really knows what any of them look like so it would be amazing if we could change that!

It's also important that we get these plants into a conservatory so that in the future if these plants aren't already extinct we can prevent them from being gone completely!

I'll be walking again soon, it's just sad I had to miss out.. Next year tho I'll be there for sure as well as Bolivia.

Your socks would be KNOCKED off if you saw some of the Bolivia species, one has incredibly large, green flowers that are speckled with purple, it's truly a beauty and another that is MUCH more yellow than any hipps out now!

Josh

o

HI,Josh,"one has incredibly large, green flowers that are speckled with purple, "is it H. Paquicbanum?....It's really rare, was named not long ago I think...I have one picture of it...It's the dream-thing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here