Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Anyone heard from Josh Y?

He seems to be MIA and there have been recent posts that he could have added loads to...come out come out, wherever you are Josh (unless you are in Peru, then you are excused!)

:-)

Kristi

Comments (6)

• joshy46013
    11 years ago

HERE I AM!

I recently took a new job and I've been so incredibly busy, I have decided that I WILL make time to post on here or I know I'll go insane!

Sadly I missed blooms on one of my H. parodii because of how busy I am (which is the only thing I think I have bloomed in a couple months) and luckily it is setting seed!

I do have maybe 40 Worsleya (Blue Amaryllis) seed sprouting now (YOU MUST GOOGLE THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW IT), can't wait to see them bloom!

This seems about it plant wise, sadly I have lost tons of bulbs this summer. The heat has turned many to mush :(

I have several Crinum blooming out in the yard, one bulb is on its 4th scape this summer. I experimented with planing the hardy bulbs in the ground, they do very well here.

I miss you all, SO HAPPY I'm back!

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

HI Josh! Yes, we all missed you and we're glad you're back. We were worried about you wondering about all sorts of dire things that might have happened to you...

I've only lost one bulb to the heat 2 years ago and yes they actually do turn to mush..I had it in a much too small pot and actually cooked it! I've learned my lesson and am finding that when outside for the summer they do just fine with much less sun that I previously thought.

Good luck with your new job...

Donna

• blancawing
    11 years ago

Welcome back Josh and congratulations on the new job!

I was concerned about you too. Even though I rarely post here anymore, I do read everything. Happy to hear that you have just been busy, but very sorry to hear about the loss of many of your precious bulbs.

Best,

Blanca

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Dear Josh
    Very very happy to see you're back here,I'm warried about you either!

From your post, I learned a lot of very useful knowledge, very wants to get to know you the good teacher and helpful friend!
    I'm glad to hear that you have a new job a new beginning
    this year Congratulations to you.
    Very glad to see you have Worsleya (Blue Amaryllis) seeds,hope you can sow them successfully.
    Sorry to hear of You suffered a great loss tons of bulbs this summer,It doesn't matter you can start planting bulbs
    again, as long as I have the extra varieties can be exchanged for you.

Bye for now!
    Cheers and happy gardening!
    Tiger

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Dear Josh
    Welcome you back again!Sorry to hear of You suffered a great loss tons of bulbs this summer,In order to avoid similar happening again,I strongly advise you use sunshade net in your yard, so that, even in the hot summer can also avoid the plants get sunburnt.

Best wishs and regards for you!
    Tiger

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Dear Josh
    Here is the sunshade net.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions