Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brigarif

Tip burning

brigarif Khan
12 years ago

What could be the cause of this tip burning of Hip leaves which is progressive but slow?
{{gwi:422163}}From Misc 2011

Arif

Comments (7)

• haweha
    12 years ago

This symptom can, for an example, artificially be created by applying Dimethoate (AAdimethoat, Bi-85, Rogor, Roxion, and many others: 400 g Dimethoat per L Solution in Cyclohexanon) at 1 mL per Liter of water, repeatedly, (4 times within a month) for watering - in order to kill nematodes, mites, root aphids and such.
    Sure is, I assume that you did not apply Dimethoat, but I refer to it, as an example for an agent that it is being ENRICHED/accumulated, "acropetally" (towards the tips).
    In YOUR case, it could simply be over-fertilizing (assuming that certain mineral salts be accumulating in the tips).
    I consider THESE symptoms "NOT severe" by experience again, but again, sure is I cannot provide the proof and evidence. I rather perceive that the leaves show mosaic, and I wonder where you set the priorities, since this disease is incurable.

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Arif,

I think heat and little water can cause these symptoms as well, I know it gets very hot in your area!

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hans I also think it is accumulation of some salts. As I have already posted in Pauls thread I do not have a plant that does not show mosaic on leaves. What choice I have?
    A, destroy them all and re-start after 2 years.
    B, Enjoy there blooms for rest of my life.
    Infected or not my choice is B.

• haweha
    12 years ago

I admit that there is nothing wrong, about your choice.
    Furthermore, it offers opportunities for observations. If you sent seeds to some friends that they were interested in the issue, they could evaluate whether the virus is actually never transferred into the progeny.

• sun_worshiper
    12 years ago

Some of mine (in ground) look like this too. For me it is just because it is quite hot out here. My agapanthus do this too. Mine will sort themselves out when the weather cools off.

• werqa
    12 years ago

Hello Arif it is Michael from Malta.
    As I am looking at the picture of your leaves I suspect that the discolouring and lightness in them might be an iron difficiancy. At present the temperatures here are in the lower 30sC and the water is alcaline and I find that my plants respond well to a slight ammount of iron chelate about every forthnight during growth.

• brigarif Khan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello Michael
    After the rains I will be adding Iron Sulphate to lower the PH, let us see if it works. Thanks

More Discussions