Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

RC pages nearly fully populated!

Check out RC now!! loads of unique offerings. I am adding to my order! These are bulbs that I haven't seen anywhere else. GASP!!

:-0
K

Comments (12)

• TigerFox
    11 years ago

Hi K
    Thanks for your good news!
    Please tell me the RC's website address!
    Tiger

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tigerfox...it's www.Royalcolors.com
    K

• lenanen
    11 years ago

Great news, thanks Kristi. My order is in.

• joshy46013
    11 years ago

I'm not too impressed with any of the new hybrids this year, I'm sure there will be some great exclusives later like usual.

• holantina
    11 years ago

Oh Dear.... ( shaking all over)
    Just looked there and i'm feeling my addiction again... thanks Kristi!!! I really want a Papilio and a Hercules... and a nice double, like double dream or Sweet Nymph.... sigh.... :-D

Original Author
    11 years ago

Put aside a little spare change for later....Paul is trying to get some new cybisters.

Josh...you make me laugh!! Just a couple of years ago YOU had NO USE for the hybrids...but the bug got even you too! RC is the only place I've seen with new intros at reasonable prices. WFF has some different new intros but they are priced much higher...I'll be putting that order in a little later.
    K

• holantina
    11 years ago

I know the bug has got me already :-D
    Kristi, i got my little green house yesterday. Have placed a thermometer inside to check temperatures. My hippis moved yesterday and are doing great, along with some lettuce plants i have :-) . Yesterday we had very nice weather, but today it has not stopped raining since dawn (and it's over 10:00 a.m. ) Nice to be able to have the hippis outside, DRY. Wthout a greenhouse or other protection, one can try to keep them outside for the summer (for light requirements) but that's not such a good idea in Holland. Our summers are very wet and mild. Many hippies get rotten or get stagonospora.
    I'll keep you posted of how they do in their new place! I have seen in other thread that you have a green house too. How do you use it with hippis? When do you put the there and when out? Have some advice for me? Something i have to keep in mind?
    being originally from the tropics, i've never had a greenhouse before :-). I'm new to this...
    Thanks in advance!

Original Author
    11 years ago

Dear Lourdes,
    Since I live in Texas, my climate is much different than yours! I put them in the greenhouse when the first frost is coming (it's a mad dash to move and cut them all!! YES>>>CUT!). Then they stay in all winter with a fan to move the air and a heater to keep them above 45degrees F. I move them all out in statges when the danger of frost has passed. It's usually in in November and out in April/May. Meanwhile many of them bloom in the GH and it's my own little paradise!!
    ;-)
    Kristi

• beachplant
    11 years ago

You are so bad! It does no good to tell myself no, sigh.
    I just planted most of the ones in pots into the garden, they love it here and do so much better. When I die ya`ll come dig up the hippies, there are tons of them out there, all unlabeled of course, I like to be surprised. Really tags are just impossible outside here.
    Tally Ho!

Original Author
    11 years ago

HEHEHE Tally....don't plan on going anywhere too soon! Maybe with autumn upon us, we can meet on the strand for lunch!
    K

Original Author
    11 years ago

Paul said he was very hopeful to get some new and unusual cybisters, but the grower won't release them this season. Guess we'll have to wait.
    :-(
    K

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Thanks for letting us know...

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions