Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Macguire's bloom update

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 29, 10 at 11:14

I had to go out of town for 3 days and I returned to blooms on both my Valerie Maree and Lady Diana. Six others potted up now have tall scapes and a couple of the dormant ones (still sitting in a box) have the tip of a scape peaking out, so I need to pot those up today.

Last year I was the one left out of the crowd when everyone was talking about how their Aussie bulbs were blooming. This year I'm reaping my rewards early!! BTW, neither year did I chill anything, but last year I got no blooms until March-May!!

Anyone else notice that Lady Diana scapes seem to be very short?? Last year's was and this new bulb's is as well. Pretty bloom on a very short scape!!

Kristi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Macguire's bloom update

Don't keep us in suspense, pictures please........!! I didn't need to chill anything either, they were raring to go!

Donna

o

OK....hadn't taken photos yet, but light is good enough so snapped a couple of quick ones.

Here's Valerie Maree
Photobucket

Photobucket

And...Lady Diana on her very short scape. Last year's bulb did same thing!
Photobucket
K

o

Kristi, great pictures. Looks like your Aussie bulbs are liking their new home! Alana

o

Both very beautiful! Thanks for posting!!

o

Here are my 2010 photos of Valarie Maree....I really think MacGuires has interesting bulbs, but.....
Kristi

o

Kristi,

BUT is right.... IDK what to think or do.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here