Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kaboehm

Macguire's bloom update

I had to go out of town for 3 days and I returned to blooms on both my Valerie Maree and Lady Diana. Six others potted up now have tall scapes and a couple of the dormant ones (still sitting in a box) have the tip of a scape peaking out, so I need to pot those up today.

Last year I was the one left out of the crowd when everyone was talking about how their Aussie bulbs were blooming. This year I'm reaping my rewards early!! BTW, neither year did I chill anything, but last year I got no blooms until March-May!!

Anyone else notice that Lady Diana scapes seem to be very short?? Last year's was and this new bulb's is as well. Pretty bloom on a very short scape!!

Kristi

Comments (6)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Don't keep us in suspense, pictures please........!! I didn't need to chill anything either, they were raring to go!

Donna

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OK....hadn't taken photos yet, but light is good enough so snapped a couple of quick ones.

Here's Valerie Maree
    {{gwi:423363}}

{{gwi:423365}}

And...Lady Diana on her very short scape. Last year's bulb did same thing!
    {{gwi:423367}}
    K

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Kristi, great pictures. Looks like your Aussie bulbs are liking their new home! Alana

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Both very beautiful! Thanks for posting!!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are my 2010 photos of Valarie Maree....I really think MacGuires has interesting bulbs, but.....
    Kristi

• joshy46013
    12 years ago

Kristi,

BUT is right.... IDK what to think or do.....

Sponsored
More Discussions