Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silhouette

Posted by houstonpat 9a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 13:43

Probably a selection of Hippeastrum, reticulatum striataform.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silhouette

BEAUTIFUL!!!
K

o

Very nice! Love the leaves!

o

Pat,

Thank you for the pic!

I love the pics of everything reticulatum since this will be the closest I get to a flower. The best I can do with this is to keep it alive and have pretty leaves.! I know there must be a trick but I have never found it out :)
J

o

That is what mine is doing too just growing lovely leaves. I'd say I've had this pot with 5 pretty good sized bulbs and a couple of offsets growing for the better part of 2 years now and not a bloom yet. The leaves are so gorgeous that I guess it doesn't matter. My leaves appear a big longer than Pat's the longest being 17 + 1/2 ". I hesitate to touch it or move it as I think it might need to be repotted but I just don't dare!!

Maybe some day there will be some flowers to go along with these lovely leaves..

Donna☺☺☺

This post was edited by dondeldux on Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 16:52

o

Donna, I have Mrs Garfield which has longer leaves similar to yours, but it hasn't bloomed for me. I grow mine in lower light than other amaryllis and allow the bulbs to remain undisturbed. Mine tend to "pull" the bulb below the surface of the soil.

o

Hi, in our climate - tropical - H. Reticulatum blooms after the first rain. I think the rain is the trick. ^__^

Nititii.

o

Unfortunately, my Mrs. Garfield died and yes, the paler leaves were long too, I miss it!

Hmmm it doesn't rain too much in the house, and I don't dare to put it outside!! ;-)

It doesn't rain too much outside these days either; relying on sprinklers and hoses to keep plants and shrubs hydrated, we don't waste it on the lawns...

Donna☺☺☺

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here