Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pamianthe peruviana seed source?

Posted by rredbbeard SE CT USA/zone 6 (rredbbeard@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 16:49

Maybe this is a near-impossible quest, but I'm trying to locate a source of pamianthe peruviana seeds (or seedlings). Ebay doesn't have any currently--I seem to have just missed those auctions, and there's only one very expensive mature plant available overseas. Telos doesn't currently have any either.

Any direction will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

--Rick in CT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pamianthe peruviana seed source?

Hi Rick,

I just sent you an email. :-)

To all my other GW buddies: For many reasons, I am way behind on correspondence. I am running to stand stiil. The good news is that I am no longer limited to a slow dial-up connection to the Internet. The bad news is that changing over to the new system is taking a lot of time and effort. Please bear with me. I will be in touch with my new email address as soon as I am able.

Cheers,

Blanca

o

There is an ebay seller gnayr40 in Massachusetts that regularly sells these - although none listed at the present.
Might be worth an email.

Otherwise snap up that one in Scotland. I think it is a bargain. Will save years compared to growing from seed.

Alan
Adelaide, Australia

o

I thought about the one in Scotland and held off, afraid that customs would confiscate it. Also spoke to the seed vendor who is only 100 miles away but he has no plants/seeds available right now. I may yet go for the one in Scotland at this rate.

Thanks for the heads-up!

--Rick in CT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here