Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

Greetings!

Noni Morrison
14 years ago

Just stopping by to say "Hi" to my hippie friends. This summer has been hysterical and The hippies have been quite far from my mind, but doing find on their own I think. I did neglect the watering on my Maguires amies so they had a nice summer rest, but most are now rooting. No blooms yet, but I am sure they will bloom when they decide the time is right. Hopefully they will remain off season from my other ones for a while to extend my period of blooms.

My business partner/best friend has now completed her thyroid cancer treatment and is finally free of radioactivity and will be rejoining the world this week, ready to gain strength and catch up on her gardening. Already she sounds better then she did for a long time, calling me up to "Gossip and giggle" while her hubby was outside.

I made up 25 bouquets this morning for our two stands, and expect that at least half will have sold by nightfall at our stands. IT is a beautiful sunny day and this is prime tourist time here on our beautiful island in Puget Sound.

I am indoors sleeping off an allergy attack, probably to the Plantain weeds my hubby is mowing this afternoon. Just about ready to go out and go to work.

Next stop is my son's wedding at the end of Aug, then Life will settle down to just gardening....I think!

IT was fun to stop in and read what everyone is doing. I catch up on RMRyan and PRyan on Facebook. Any of the rest of you on facebook? Would love to have you on my friends list. I can do facebook over my coffee breaks.

Well, have new bulbs ordered from the usual sources in the fall. And will definitly post photos of any of my Maguires' get to that point!

Comments (6)

• phoenixryan
    14 years ago

So happy to hear your friend and business partner is on the road to recovery!

It seems we're all just starting to get into the Maguire's bulb blooming season, so hopefully yours will be pushing up scapes soon.

Still would love to see some photos of your gardens. To grow enough blooms to sell, you've got to have quite a spread up there! Still anxious to see your green-flower garden too!

Don't work too hard, and enjoy your son's wedding!

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    14 years ago

Hi Lizalilly!! WELCOME BACK!!

I am having a headache today due to some change in the weather. Perhaps RAIN is on the way!! WHOO HOO!!!

My Maguires bulbs are resting too!! So, will hope for growth soon. They are all well rooted!

Good luck with prepping for the wedding! How much fun!! really!

Take care-
    Kristi

• e36yellowm3
    14 years ago

Hi lizalilly, sounds like you're having a busy summer. Enjoy the wedding - how special! Alana

• ryan820
    14 years ago

Hey, my Facebook peep!!!! Good to see you posting here. Also very glad your friend is doing well. Health issues are the pits.

i too would like to see this garden. between Phoenix Ryan and myself, you might have visitors soon to see the Lizalily Botanical Gardens. ;o)

Enjoy the wedding...and don't forget to stop and smell the very flowers you're picking.. ;oD

Ryan

• Noni Morrison
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The problem with photographing a cutting garden, guys, is that ...well...you CUT the flowers before they are in full bloom! THus, it is seldom gorgeous! I might be able to get a shot before the first picking after my day off, Tuesday. (Actually I don't get the full day off because I have to pick Tues afternoon for Wed.) I will try to get some photos of my main personal garden but it is recovering form a massive redesign last year and a lot of the rose bushes are still small, But oh well, a garden is never finished and I do enjoy the whole process, and certain flowers when they bloom. MOst of my photos are of individual flowers, lilies, roses, dahlias. Guess I should take a photo of my sweet peas while they are still beautiful too.

After the first of Sept I might find time for photos. With the trip 3 hours away to get the puppy this Sat It makes the rest of the month totaly nutzoid!

Oh yeh, my Garden is "Hartwood". Cause the place was full of deer (hart) when we first saw it. And yes, I have deer fencing!

• dangles
    12 years ago

hello my name is danny i have been growing hippies for about 7 years i have about 5000 seedlings that im waiting for them to flower this coming october so u know im in australia i live about one and a half hours from macguires hippi farm all my seedlings are from his bulbs i flowered a seedling last year i have named it princess kylie after my granddaughter it is white and orange it has 3 rows of petals i showed it to mick maguire he just loved it when i learnhow to post pictures i wish u all well with your growing

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz