Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amaryllisstudygroup

??? How can parts of articles etc. be forwarded to this forum for

I have emails, parts of emails,and sections of articles I would like to send to this forum for information and as parts of discussions. How do I do it?Bill. EWWarren

)

Comments (5)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

Hi Warren,

I have an HP computer that is a little over a year old and on the very top row there is a button to the left of the delete button that says "ins" (on top of button and "prt sc"(on lower half of the button.

Now, when I have Picasa on and minimized (it won't work unless Picasa is on, don't ask me why) all you have to do is press that button and it takes a screen shot of what ever is on the screen at the time..anything..an email, picture, something from Ebay or the web. I just stumbled on this by accident by pressing this button in error instead of the delete button and VOILA! I use it all the time! I don't know if my older now dead computers had this button and if they did I wasn't aware of it, but they might have.
    Then of course it goes to my pictures and I have to change it from a png to a jpeg and send it the regular way you send pictures.

I know I'm not very articulate in explaining things since I didn't grow up with computers...and have been muddling my way through for the past 6/7 years...

You can than crop out just the text or picture that you wish to send.

Now there may indeed be an easier way and if there is I'd be interested too, but this has been a lifesaver for me as I used to take "pictures" of the screen in order to save something or send it in an email or whatever.
    I use this method constantly to save pictures or text whenever I see something I want to save..now, if you have a lengthy article, you may have to do this several times to get the entire article. As I say, there may be an easier way...

Donna

Here is an example:
    {{gwi:425287}}

Donna

• npublici
    11 years ago

Those are insert and print screen. That sounds like a picasa feature,intentional, or not.Are you using shift key, or not?

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    11 years ago

No shift key. I have tried just about every key simultaneously when Picasa is off and it doesn't work. I know I must surely be missing something..why else would it be there in the first place. There is no mention in Picasa (that I could find) that it was a feature of theirs...I never bothered to google this feature since it worked for me...
    Someone out there must be able to use this button without Picasa?

• npublici
    11 years ago

"Print screen" is probably the key which enables this,but it wouldn't work in windows,without another programs driver.It was one of the first commands in a disk operating system,so long ago in computer life,intended to print out text from commands and responses.Some third party programs have been written to include that key.
    Del

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    11 years ago

Copy/paste, although rudimentary, is probably the simplest.

Carol

Sponsored
More Discussions