Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oleg9grower

Autumn flowering began.

oleg9grower
9 years ago

Autumn flowering began. áolhiÃÂum Violet Queen :)
{{gwi:426055}}
This year Nerine bloom in the garden - frost has not happened.
{{gwi:426056}}

Comments (21)

• Ray Schuck
    9 years ago

Lycoris aurea
    Maida

• Ray Schuck
    9 years ago

Lycoris radiata Modern Japanese
    Maida

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, how beautiful your Lycorises! In Texas, of course bloom in the garden. I have so far only Aurea bloomed in the room. But radiata until the leaves grow.
    {{gwi:426057}}

• jodik_gw
    9 years ago

Very nice! Thank you for sharing! :-)

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Already blooming Nerine Alba, but take off and show tomorrow. Today it is already evening, the light is not enough.

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Continue to show pictures of flowering in autumn.{{gwi:426058}}
    Firetale 4th flowering in my garden.
    {{gwi:426060}} Crocus speciosus Conqueror.
    {{gwi:426062}} crocus ochroleucus.
    {{gwi:426064}} nerine bowdenii Alba. {{gwi:426066}}
    nerine bowdenii flowers color dark pink

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Does anyone not like the photos?
    So I should not have downloaded them?

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Oleg your flowers are very beautiful!! Please continue to share your lovely flowers with us. Some of us are just preoccupied with life and ageing sick parents but we are all enjoying your flowers, I know I am.
    Your nerines and lycorises are gorgeous, such vibrant colors. Unfortunately, I can't grow any of those in my climate. I suppose I could grow them in pots but I am out of room, with barely enough room for my hippies. All my seedlings are the culprits, taking up all my space!

Donnaâºâºâº

• jstropic (10a)
    9 years ago

Oleg,

Your pictures are beautiful! I second what Donna said, so please keep sending them. I may not comment all the time but I continue to read the posts in the hope of the wonderful and generous people who take the time to share the beauty in their gardens. So again, thank you. - J

• anadj76
    9 years ago

I love your pictures too!!! They are beautiful!! I don't comment since this is my first year trying to grow anything by myself, and all of you are being a big help, so please keep sharing with us your pictures and knowledge. Thank you!!!
    Ana

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    9 years ago

Very lovely blooms Oleg! I know it can be discouraging when people don't reply, but please keep sharing!
    Kristi

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Many thanks to all of you, especially Donna, jstropic,anadj76. You know, if there are no reviews - you get the impression that you write in the empty space, and nobody needs it.
    But now late autumn! Flowers in the garden less, so I am glad everyone had time to bloom until frost. Here, we have this week been promised freezing to -8 C, and even snow! Now I remove the remaining pots in my room.
    Bloomed yet Haemanthus albiflos,
    I will upload pictures later - I have a problem with the transfer of images from the camera Kodak to the computer.
    :)

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kristi,
    happy to read your post :)
    In Texas, more warm weather and probably our favorite bulbs blooming in your garden? It would be very nice if you could show the pictures here ...
    Oleg

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    9 years ago

Sorry Oleg, no blooms for me this time of year.I have the rare Papilio bloom in the autumn, and this year they were on short scapes. My big show is slated for the coming SPRING, and I promise that 2015 will be spectacular!! You know I will post photos of whatever is blooming when it does.

I did have a little surprise yesterday when I was looking for a bud....
    Kristi

• gardenper
    9 years ago

Please continue to upload. The way gardenweb works is that a few forums may not get lots of traffic for a while but then when the post is brought back to the front, you get a lot of replies.

In fact, there were often many replies on posts from a few years ago that starts up an entirely new thread of replies from regular or new users.

As for your pics, they are wonderful. I wish my fall flowers were as beautiful as yours. As it stands, they tend to have such a hot summer that by the autumn, they are often just ready to give in for the year, it seems.

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kristi,
    Wow! Beautiful frog hiding among the leaves of the hippeastrum. :))

• blancawing
    9 years ago

Dear Oleg,

I have been in remiss in replying to your wonderful posts. They always bring much-needed joy into my life. I donâÂÂt always have time to post, but you can rest assured that I value your posts and read every one.

Warmly,

Blanca

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dear Blanca,
    Thank you for your kind words. I always like to chat with you and other friends of the United States. I think that most people in Ukraine appreciate your people for freedom, democracy and help other peoples in their struggle for the same valuesâÂÂâÂÂ.
    We now not easy - the war in the east Ukraine, a significant increase in the price of everything, but we still win! Because the truth is invincible.
    Oleg :)

• blancawing
    9 years ago

Dear Oleg,

Your beautiful garden must provide a peaceful haven from the upheaval and unrest in Ukraine. My sincere wish is that one day, in the not too distant future, it will be a victory garden.

With hope and kind regards,

Blanca

• Edie
    9 years ago

Oleg, I spend little time on GardenWeb during the outdoor garden season, which is brief and busy here. When the weather cools and the outdoor garden is dormant, I come back. I spend the long, dark, cold winter catching up, reading new posts, and tending to the indoor portion of my garden. So I am just reading this thread now, and admiring the wonderful photos. I still don't have a camera but I enjoy looking at the photos everyone else shares. And I enjoy reading your posts.

I bought a package of two Nerine bowdenii bulbs this spring and one is blooming now on the windowsill. So since my first Nerine was a success, now I'm wondering about Lycoris aurea. Oleg, you said yours is indoors. Please tell me more. Is care similar to Hippeastrum and Nerine? How big does the plant get? What size pot does it need?

• oleg9grower
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Dear Blanca,
    thank you for your warm words and wishes. As we say: your words to God's ears!
    Oleg :)

edie_h,
    I am glad that you had with the first ever bloomed Nerine Bowdenii.Nerine blooms easier than Licorice. He has a long period of vegetation, so to bloom in the garden with us, he does not have time.
    I put the bulb in a plastic pot 16 cm in diameter and the same height, but now I see that it was necessary to take the pot bigger. After spring frosts I submit it to the garden, where he grows up to late autumn. Before the first frost'm doing in a room and put under a lamp, where it blooms in November or December. So it similar more to nerine. but his leaves grow after flowering.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?