Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Off Topic.....

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 24, 10 at 10:40

Hi, just thought you'd enjoy our lonesome turkey...been visiting our bird feeding station off and on all summer...always alone...poor girl.......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Off Topic.....

Awe :(

How cute is she! Are they usually alone, don't they run around in a flock?

o

Josh,

Yes they do usually run around in flocks...but every year we seem to get (maybe it's the same one) a lone female turkey she comes to the feeder and she's quite tame....she drinks out of the birdbath but she seems lonely and seems to like it when we talk to her.........maybe she's old and can no longer breed and got thrown out of the group...her head is quite white. Everyone in the neighborhood knows her..........as I said, off topic........

o

Donna, those are great pictures. Thanks for posting. Nice to be off topic once in awhile too. The "on topics" have gotten a little heavy lately. :-) Hope your summer has been fun and your seedlings are growing well. I've got quite a few seedlings and seedling crosses from your eBay bulb. I hope they carry the fragrance. Alana

o

That poor turkey! I think it's amazing that your neighborhood knows her and obviously you have to be taking some care of her for her to come every year! Donna, that's really sweet of you!

o

Josh, Glad you're enjoying "Miss Lurkey" and yes, I'm afraid we've named her.....and Alana, I'm glad the NC bulb is growing well for you and that you've got lots of seedlings. I only kept and planted a few selfs, gave the rest away, but I have several more of these bulbs and they "all" appear to be very "healthy" for which I am grateful. They have all spend the summer on one of my decks, away from the "canoodling crowd".......Out of about 10 bulbs, I only had 2 bloom but the rest have grown substantially and I am expecting a bonanza of flowers this winter. We may have to move out as the fragrance may be overpowering if they all bloom at once!!!

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here