Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshy46013

Hippeastrum 'Pink Floyd'

joshy46013
13 years ago

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can find this cultivar? It doesn't seem for sell anywhere except for easy to grow bulbs but the picture isn't right..

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated :)

Josh

Comments (21)

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

I got mine from Royal Colors. Can't resist it since it looks so good as the header on their site. One word of advice from Hans-Werner which worked out well... "ensure the substrate temp is kept elevated on it during the summer" otherwise it will wither away. Worked like a charm! Alana
    {{gwi:383504}}From 09 / 10 hippi season

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    13 years ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

K

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Well....If that picture doesn't make everybody want one I don't know what will........!!

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

See how beautiful it is :(

• ajsblu_eyes
    13 years ago

Josh,

I found this nursery in my own searches that claims to sell Pink Floyd I am not recompensing this nursery only letting you know. I have never had any dealings with this nursery so proceed at your own risk....

tomasovics nursery
    http://www.tomasovics.com/inventory_fallbulbs_complete.asp

AJ

• ajsblu_eyes
    13 years ago

Man did I have some errors in my last post it is not recompensing it is recommending. On further inspection this is a wholesale supplier so you would have to ask them who they sold Pink Floyd to in order to buy one.
    AJ

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Aj,

Thank you so much :) I contacted the seller in hopes that they'd have them available, just waiting on an e-mail!

Thanks everyone for trying help, I appreciate it so much!

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So still no luck :( I've contacted everyone under the sun!

I talked to Dr. Alan Meerow about this hybrid, he thinks it's an F1 with H. doraniae x H. pardinum. I just think it's gorgeous.

13 years ago

Patience Grasshopper!!!
    :-)

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You're a 100% right :) lol It's hard to be patient when it's something you want SO BAD :)

I read about CHAD and I can say that is a problem I have as well :( *but it's a good problem :)*

13 years ago

You are just starting out (seriously...even a couple of years out is just a "start") and lots of people on the list have been at this for decades. So many on the list are quite accomplished and know that this "hobby" does not offer instant gratification. Even crosses may take 2-3 years to bloom and then disappoint.

You'll find your Pink Floyd...eventually. Just keep poking around and you'll eventually be rewarded. If you go onto the KAVB site and work through the translation, you can find the grower and contact them to see if they sell directly to the US or where you might be able to get one.

Best of luck...and do you even know where "patience Grasshopper" came from??
    ;-)

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

I should have known, but had to Google it, but I know this was directed to Josh so we'll let him answer it.....if he isn't too young.......

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kung Fu :) It was also in Karate Kid!

For some reason patients is wonderful when I actually have the plant whether it's seed or mature plants but when I'm looking for one I have absolutely no patients :(

13 years ago

You won't have patients until you work in a hospital!! For now let's work on "patience". We're going to get you a book of homonyms for your birthday!!
    :-)
    joking of course...
    K

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Patience is the companion of wisdom."

Homonyms drive me crazy! Think of bow, how many different things can that darn word mean? :)

I did find out that most places like Royal Colors will be offering them again next fall. Maybe they were low on stock?

Josh

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

For some reason Royal Colors didn't offer Pink Floyd initially in the fall last year either. I was beside myself because I neeeeded it. But then later in the season, low and behold, it was there. Maybe it'll be the same this year. I actually think one of mine has a bulblet growing, so if you're not successful let me know and I'll send you my bulblet... but you'll need patience for it. Or is that patients? ;-)

Alana

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Alana,

I contacted Royal Colors, they told me they wont have it this season :( Most places have said that this season they didn't get it in? Maybe it was depleted or something?

That's really sweet of you about the bulbet :)

• anna_in_quebec
    13 years ago

Well, I ordered it last fall from RC - it has never bloomed yet, and it seemed as though a scape had been cut off in recent weeks. It is to this day, just sitting there...looking healthy, but no leaves - nothing.

• e36yellowm3
    13 years ago

Josh, too bad about RC not having it. I'm happy to send the bulblet. I've got some seedlings too ;-) Alana

• joshy46013
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Alana,
    Thanks so much :) I will see what I can dig up to send you as well! hehe

Josh

Sponsored
More Discussions