Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lovely Leaves

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 12:18

Here are some pictures of my Sophisticate's leaves..the prettiest, darkest green leaves I have on any of my plants. They are on the narrow side and all the leaves have a red tinge on the very edge and most of them have folded edges either up or down. Sophisticate didn't bloom for me last year so I am really looking forward to this year with these lovely leaves and I believe it has a dusky brown scape...

On the other hand I have a bulb I bought last year under the name of Pink Nymph which didn't bloom for me either last season. This has the widest leaves of any of my hippies and they are a nice medium green each leaf is going in a different direction which I don't recall seeing either.
I won't know until it blooms if it is in fact Pink Nymph since so many of last years bulbs (about 30) were mislabeled. But I did manage to pick up several cultivates that I didn't have...;-) and, I almost can't believe it but, none of them have shown any sign of virus!! Three of them rotted away, but I'll take the blame for that!

Donna

Sophisticate

Pink Nymph (maybe)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lovely Leaves

bump.....

o
RE: Lovely Leaves

Awwww

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here