Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about amaryllis seedlings

Posted by brownest_thumb none (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 12:23

I've been growing these amaryllis seedlings in NYC for the last 2 years outdoors during the growing season and indoors during the winter.

This year they are a bit too much for me to tend to indoors and I'd like to simply let them go dormant over winter. I've searched the web but I can't seem to find simple directions how/when to induce dormancy as well as how to mantain it till the spring. Most information available seems to be geared to the forcing method of blooming during winter.

If anyone could advise, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about amaryllis seedlings

It has been my experience that bulbs of less than blooming size most often will die if unwatered less often than two weeks apart.If they don't die immediately they often will go dormant and never revive.
Del

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here