Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Depot bulbs

Posted by beachplant 9b (beachplant@excite.com) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 12:24

Home depot has the usual bulbs in boxes and the great big bulbs individually wrapped.

I love these bulbs, for $6.98 I buy several, pot them up with ivy and have a beautiful blooming centerpiece for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The bulbs then go into the garden where they bloom for years.

All the Minerva loose bulbs were starting to bud at the HD here, the others were not but I didn`t check the boxed Minerva. I bought one to stick on the front porch in a planter with a bare spot.

Trying to decide what to order from RC.

Tally Ho!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Depot bulbs

I have had less virus with these than the boxed bulbs, which is funny because I think they are from the same company. I always say I won't buy them, but usually give into a classic Minerva.
K

o

They need to get a wider variety, I stopped buying them at HD. They have the same old types every year. BORING!

o

They may be boring to us, but they aren't meant for the serious hobbyist. The are a great way to introduce friends, relatives, and coworkers to classic beauties such as Minerva and Red Lion. A really good Minerva is a beautiful specimen!
K

o

They may be boring to us, but they aren't meant for the serious hobbyist. The are a great way to introduce friends, relatives, and coworkers to classic beauties such as Minerva and Red Lion. A really good Minerva is a beautiful specimen!
K

o

• Posted by jungle87 Southern Illinois, 6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 0:33

Yeah is all my home depot had were Minerva, Red Lion, and Apple blossom sucky selection it seems those are mostly the only types I see around here

o

boring but a great cheap plant to fill in the garden with. Even Red Lion looks impressive blooming out in the yard in the middle of December and then they will bloom every spring for years. They sure beat petunias!
Tally HO!

o

Tally...RIGHT ON!!!
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here