Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Depot has bulbs!

Posted by beachplant 9b (beachplant@excite.com) on
Thu, Sep 30, 10 at 13:11

Went to Home depot last Friday in Dickinson. They have the kits with Minerva, Red Lion & Apple Blossom, $5.98 each.
BUT they have HUGE Red Lion & Minerva bulbs for $6.98 each. They are packed in a plastic mesh bag. I bought 2 of each, most of the bulbs had thick, healthy looking roots. They are about the size of a softball.
Tally HO!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Depot has bulbs!

Whoooo hoooo! These may be standard, but are always great fun! THANKS TALLY!!
PS...did you get envelope in mail??
K

o

I was at Lowes today picking up perlite and I checked around EVERYWHERE, not here, not yet!

o

Im gonna have to go check my Home Depot store and Lowes too. I checked my local flower nurserys and they didn't have anything yet.

o
RE: Home Depot has bulbs!!

Do these places usually have more selection than those three? I've always seen those but really not much of anything else *that I can remember*

Josh

o

....They usually throw in Piquant, but all you usually get is a picture of Piquant and one of the other 3 in the Piquant box... it's never Piquant.....50% of the time you get a mislabel, but we've all got many fat and happy Minervas growing in our collections from the big box stores......

Donna

o

Lowes should be getting Christmas bulbs soon. We received 5 varieties of amaryllis (nothing uncommon) and also paperwhites the other day.

o

nothing at Lowes, last year they had a lot of different ones, Susan, Star of Holland, I forget what else, most of them were labeled correctly, the ones I got that were mislabeled were almost all doubles and not a dud in the bunch. I almost always see white christmas also.
K-got the envelope, now where did I put it??
Tally HO!

o

Last year the Lowes by me had Lady Jane, White Christmas (or was it Dazzler?!), Susan, Star of Holland...and the usual Red Lion, Apple Blossom, and Minerva.

Yeah Tally...extra bulb money...stock up!!
:-)
K
(down another 6!!!)ya know what I mean!

o
RE: Home Depot has bulbs! Got 'em!!

The HD in the Woodlands has HUGE bagged bulbs...you're right Tally...softball-size!!! So, got one of each...why not!
:-)

AND...from last year's discussion, NO SIGN OF RL WITH LOPPED OFF BASAL PLATES!! Am guessing they didn't sell out last year!! Knowing what I know now...I would be tempted. Those bulbs were at least 1.5 times the size of the big bulbs at HD!
K

o

I went Lowes today and I asked about when they are getting some in. The lady said very soon, maybe by next weekend. She even told me there will be different variety and new ones. We shall see.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here