Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
argh...tyty

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 19:45

In an attempt to help (why do I bother sometimes...) I stumbled across the "reknown" Tyty site again. GAWD they are goofy!! Look at the photos for the Lilac Amaryllis...seductive, suggestive, and some of the pages are nearly obscene!

Joshy, they have your San Antonio Rose...up to you. Most of us steer clear from them since they seem to focus on the models rather than the bulbs, and have several of the wrong blooms on different pages. Good amusement.
K

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: argh...tyty

Nope,

Thanks so much for trying to help, I really really appreciate it :)

I will never order from that site with all the bad things I've heard about from EVERYONE and they're photos are.... no thanks :)

Josh

o

That's hysterical !! Oh Man ! They say laughing is good medicine. It's been awhile since I've laughed so hard. Well, I should say, my son 22 and daughter 19 both do some modeling. But this just cracked me up. Of course I'd never buy any stuff from them, but their nursery hasta be fun. I liked St. Joseph's lily the best :)
Hey have you seen the Plant Delights Nursery catalog? For years it's the text that's especially creative there.
I think a meeting is on for Tuesday, if yer free in the middle of a work day.

o

Well Pat, I know where your kids get their good (looks) genes!!

I have to admit I did some laughing too. The woman with the big Minervas strategically placed....hey, did you see those big Minervas!?

Did you see the Lady Jane page....too much (the photo with the scape and bloom and the guy)?! They guys are holding the bare bulbs just a little too gingerly. I think I recall no roots!! Loved the guy in the pool surrounded by blooms! So many of their photos are superimposed. What a hoot!!

I just started a new job and being free in the middle of the day is not something I'm good at right now!! Let me know if there are any evening/weekend activities!! THANKS!!.

:-) Kristi

o

Yeah, they got their mom's genes, that's for sure.

Well it looks like you checked out All their offerings Kristi :) I didn't get the San Antonio Rose... was that a business write off for a trip to Africa?

The best was at the end of the clip on their main bulb page; the narrator says "~ Special discounts for Churches and Preachers!"

o

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 27, 10 at 17:49

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Fall bulbs are all the rage in fashion this Autumn.

Is that a bulb in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Ryan

o

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking....OMG...!!!ROTFLM*O!!!

:-) Need to check out the church and preacher discounts!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here