Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Annoying Advertisements!!!!!!

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 6, 10 at 8:50

When they came up with the highlighted words that if inadvertently clicked on, came up with an add... that was doable...... this is ridiculous!! YOU CAN'T READ THE MESSAGES!!! What is wrong with these people who subject us to this latest atrocity?? I don't have foxfire, so how do we rid yourself of this latest nuisance??

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Annoying Advertisements!!!!!!

I have internet explorer. Your message is the first time I've seen this. GREAT!! NOT!
K

o

Mozilla firefox is how you rid the ads and most (If not all) of them green underlined words and a FREE easy to install download. As to who subject some of us to the atrocity, keep in mind I-Village is a "free" to the public forum. However "Free" is a term that can be defined in many ways. Free to the public doesn't mean free to the folks who pay I-Village to post the unwanted ads. It is these ads that allow you to have a "free" forum.
Small suggestion for you
I think after you make the change to Firefox you'll be allot more satisfied in not just the I-Village forums but your computer(s) internet performance.

o

I can only recommend to install Mozilla Firefox and Adblock Plus. Opera is also a really good browser and I think it has some addons like an Advertisement blocker already installed.

Of course advertisements are necessary for Gardenweb, but I think they over-did it this time.

o

Thanks for the thumbs up for foxfire, I was complaining about the fact that the latest adds were blotting out some of the writing!! If they had just put that squiggly mess on the right side of the screen, wouldn't have been such a problem!! Water under the bridge as they say, it's gone now....

Donna

o

YAH...they heard us! It was weird, I couldn't even reply without getting to the iVillage PREGNANCY Chat list! Or something equally crazy!!
K

o

See link below for complete information from GardenWeb, including Vibrant Opt Out.

Here is a link that might be useful: A message regarding new advertising

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here