Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
H. Brendan's Flower

Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 16, 09 at 12:42

In full bloom right now. Only a hippeastrum could pull off these colors-- its stunning.

Ryan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: H. Brendan's Flower

Three words: OH - MY - GOD!
I'm with you on that of "only a hippeastrum could pull off these colors" I totally agree!

Enjoy the beauty.

o

Very worth the trip over to look! I love the hot pink stamen. Reminds me of my Pink Surprise. I hope Brendan makes some bulblets. Oh! I still owe you for that Jewel. I'll email you later and tell you what I have "sleeping" and ready to mail. You can see if there is anything you want or we can just wait and see if they are selling anything in Manhattan that you want me to grab for you.

o

Hi Larissa!!! I ordered a Pink Surprise this year because yours was so stunning last year. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING!?
:-)
Kristi

o

Holantina took the words right out of my mouth! :-) It's a beauty for sure! Save me some pollen.

Phoenix Ryan

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 16, 09 at 16:18

Yowza! What a handsome bloom! I love it!

Thanks for sharing!

o

• Posted by ryan820 z5b Denver, Colorado (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 16, 09 at 16:28

Thanks, guys-- yes this one is really something. Like lizalily mentioned in her post re Brendan's flower, it is a smaller bloom. Its about 5 inches across, 6 inches tall.

PR I will definitely save pollen! I don't grow seeds but I will have it available to anyone who wants some.

Jodi-- this is OFFICIALLY my first pink amaryllis. How's that for news! LOL I do have an apple blossom but it was a NOID so I had no idea what I got. But I willingly wanted this one. So glad I went for it. I also bought Gervase in co-order with PhoenixRyan-- so I guess pink is officially in my repertoire. Oh yeah...and Rozetta. LOL

Ryan

o

WHat a stunning photo of our little beauty! I loved mine from start to finish! Definitely worth the ordering process! I hope all of ours decide to multiply like crazy!

o

I absolutely love it Ryan! Thanks for sending me over to take a peak. I want to trade all my leaves for blooms! HAHA!

-Frank

o

Hi everybody!

Ryan, welcome to having (and loving) pink amaryllis :-)!
Has your Gervase bloomed already? If you haven't seen Gervase's flowers in real, but only in pictures, you'll be nicely surprised. It is really very special, all flowers being different in color distribution on the petals. It reminds me of candy. I just love it and i think so will you, enjoy!

o

• Posted by jodik 5 Central IL (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 17, 09 at 7:42

Well... I think any guy willing to accept pink is a manly man! I mean, why are guys the only ones chastised for sporting anything in pink? It's a testament to your confidence level, Ryan!

Plus... it's only a flower, and it's not like you haven't already admitted you garden! :-)

Can't wait to see photos of your Gervase!

o

Ryan, great picture of a really great bloom. I love that one - gonna put it on my list for the future. Alana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here