Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulb size question

...and the question is?!?! :-)
K

o

mrlikeu2u

What was your question? One thing I Can tell you is that your bulb appears to be in a pot that's too small.....and, you can get a flower from a bulb that appears to be 2 1/2" (maybe I'm reading your ruler incorrectly) in diameter, many of the Maguires were smaller than yours and put up flowering scapes... guess I'm just trying to read your mind..........?

Donna

o

:-) Donna....How are you seeing through that lined paper!? GIRL...send me your x-ray glasses!
Just messing with you? I was going to try and ESP the questions too, but figured I'd just ask!
:/
K

o

Opps silly me I must of gotten busy and the darn computer shut it's self off.

Great job on the ESP thou Donna I see you took the liberty of already answering.

Sorry about the Illusion created but the pot is a bit deeper than it appears also the inch side of the ruler is facing us making the bulb 2.5 Cm (1" Apx.)

o

OK...where is the pot!?! Under the paper?! :-)Sorry...I can't see it at all, not even an outline!...What kind of hippeastrum is this and how big is the pot? I'm just curious to know as I'll be doing lots of transplanting in the next few weeks.
Kristi

o

Kristi! Your eyes ARE better than mine, I didn't notice that the bulb was sticking up through the paper! I did think that was the edge of the pot!! Someone is messing with our minds, doesn't take much these days.........

o

hahahaha...glad you finally saw it too! I was asking, "How do they see the pot?"!! After the recent exchanges, you're right...doesn't take much!
K

o

After some reading I found the answer

Here is a link that might be useful: right here

o

I'm really glad you found your answer... but... please humor us, what WAS the question??!

o

If or when it gives smaller secondary bulb(s) would I call the newer bulbs Pups or Babies ?
To answer your questions:
Regarding ID. As soon as I get it's father plant to confess it's given up the pollen then we can figure it out. I guess the question here could be, how do I get a plant to confess it's accidental cross pollinating ?
The pot (or container if I may ) is 3.2 inches by 3.2 inches and 4.5 inches deep which is well over 1.75 times bigger that the diameter size of the bulb as it has been for three plus years now.Yes it scapes and flowers only at a smaller size than your use to seeing flower sizes on a regular basis.
Ohh just in case your curious. Why did I cover the pot with lined paper ?
To prevent controversial ( see also FAQ link posted) opinions on mediums being used for growth and production for the little bulb you see. The question here should be be, has anyone even counted the FAQs mediums ? Nor did I.
Thank you for your time and questions, I'm glad you could help too & have fun with your re-potting.

o

:-)
I call them pups or offsets.
K

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here