Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jhonatanbuitrago

I'm new, I'm from Colombia and hippeastrum want to share with you

jhonatanbuitrago
13 years ago

Hello ... I have long delighted the eye with its beautiful hippeastrum. I have a few hippeastrum I want to share with you but not how to upload the pictures, could someone please explain how?

Comments (25)

• bluebonsai101
    13 years ago

You can put the pics in something like PhotoBucket which is free to sign up for and then you can link to them by using the HTML code.....pretty easy really.

What I really love from your part of the world is Dracontium which is a type of aroid.

Good luck uploading the pics :o) Dan

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    13 years ago

Good Luck with uploading your pictures, can't wait to see what you have to share from your part of the world.....

Donna

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dale thanks, unfortunately I do not know the Dracontium in my area.

These are some of hippeastrum I have:

Hippeastrum puniceum?

{{gwi:430466}}

{{gwi:430469}}

I do not know the name of this potential hybrid

{{gwi:430471}}

This is another unidentified, are some bulbs I picked up at a mountain so called hippeastrum the Andes.

{{gwi:430473}}

{{gwi:430475}}

Enjoy

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

do not like my hippeastrum?
    is that the quality of the photos is not good but my camera is not enough for most.

I have some hybrid seeds and bulbs of species to change.

Greetings.

• Noni Morrison
    13 years ago

I like your wild hippeastrums. It would be exciting to see such pretty flowers blooming wild in nature.

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Jhonatan,

Can you please e-mail me at JoshY46013@yahoo.com I have some stuff to swap :)

Josh

13 years ago

Your Hippies are beautiful...maybe it was the line-up of scantily clad beauties at the top of your photo hosting site......? Anyway, keep posting your beautiful flowers...

Donna

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your comments and sorry but we needed scolding jajaja

I find these bulbs grow in the mountains and pick them up when they go to plant coffee. those planted on my farm from being destroyed.

Greetings to everyone.

13 years ago

It's wonderful that you're saving these bulbs from being destroyed. What a shame...but cheers to you...!

Donna

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

donna yes, I do what I can, are also destroyed Zephyranthes grandiflora.

• npublici
    13 years ago

Jhonatan, does the Hippeastrum Andes make seed?
    Del

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Del. I have no seeds, but if I have bulbs.

• blancawing
    13 years ago

Saludos Jhonatan,

Me encanta tu Hippeastrum de los Andes. Por favor mándame un mensaje usando mi pagina (my page) que se encuentra aquí en Garden Web. Entonces podremos comunicarnos y discutir la posibilidad de un intercambio. Entiendo bien la importancia de rescatar estas hermosas plantas cuyo futuro está en peligro de extinción.

Sinceramente,

Blanca (en California)

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello friends. I am very happy with my h. papilio will flourish. is the second time in two months. it is normal for two rods flower?. The first time the rod is not enough but if you grew the flowers opened.

{{gwi:430477}}

Thanks for your time....

• bluebonsai101
    13 years ago

Hi Jhonatan, While I am not able to send you any bulbs I have a large number of H. striatum about to bloom so will try to cross pollinate and assuming I get seed I am more than happy to send you a large quantity for you to grow and pass along to others that like them. It would be wonderful to see pics of some of your other species :o) Dan

13 years ago

Hi, I do think it is quite normal for a healthy Papilio like yours to send up more than one flower scape.. Enyoy the flowers...and we'd enjoy seeing them when they bloom...

Donna

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Donna. thanks but there is a problem with its blooms, which is that the rod does not grow high enough.

Dan I would love to have that kind, in fact most of the hippe I have are from seed, grow it is very nice from the beginning.

I have several species but few pictures of flowers, here are some.

crinum

{{gwi:430479}}

• joshy46013
    13 years ago

Look at the lovely trees in the background! Wouldn't it be nice? ... :)

Beautiful picture of the Crinum!

Josh

• bluebonsai101
    13 years ago

Nice Crinum!! I will make sure I cross pollinate to get seed to send you. I wish I had known earlier this year as I had seed from a few different Crinum I could have sent as well :o) Dan

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks Dan ... want this crinum seeds? should pollinators?

You are very generous. You just tell me how you spend my direction.

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hello friends. Today the flowers have opened h. papilio.

{{gwi:430481}}

{{gwi:430483}}

I never thought I would one day have this hippe here in Colombia. I am very happy.

• ajsblu_eyes
    13 years ago

Jhonatan,

They are beautiful and you have a nice looking seed pod too! You will have more beautiful flowers before too long. Did you pollinate the Papilio with another flower or use Papilio pollen?

AJ

13 years ago

Jhonathan.

What beautiful flowers!! Congratulations...and I'll bet your excited about that healthy looking seedpod too!!

Donna

• jhonatanbuitrago
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the comments. Glad you liked it.

The semis of the capsule are a papilio crossing with red and white hippe photo I uploaded first.

• bluebonsai101
    13 years ago

Hi jhonatanbuitrago, I have seed of H. striatum for you if you still want them. Please send me your address and I will get them off to you ASAP. My e-mail address is: plantguy@zoominternet.net

I hope you are doing well :o) Dan

Sponsored
More Discussions