Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Greatness' and 'Rebel'

Posted by dondeldux 6b (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 30, 10 at 15:24

Hi, Just though you might like to see what has bloomed for me now from the Maguire's order. Yesterday Rebel was a 6 1/2" flower today its 7" across. And, Greatness, just love this one, only 2 flowers on the first scape, each a little different, and another scape is coming...

Donna

Greatness first flower...

second flower...

and Rebel...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Greatness' and 'Rebel'

Donna,

They're beautiful :)

I've noticed the use H. pardinum a lot in their breeding program.

o

They are beautiful...very very pretty....thank you for posting.

o

I love them please keep the pictures coming.

AJ

o

Donna, nice pictures! I think it's interesting how different your two Greatness blooms are. I love that bulb - the color is more like a cream rather than white. Alana

o

Alana, The first Greatness is without a flash and the second is with a flash... but the pattern on the two flowers is noticeably different, I know. I had a second stalk on the bulb and just today at 5" long the stalk shriveled. I opened it up and there would have been 3 more flowers...too bad, as I couldn't wait to see how they would have looked. Oh well, two nice flowers is better than none...! There is always next year and I do love this variety and yes, it is a cream bacground rather than white different and nice...!

Donna

o

Rebel is darned close to "My Picotee". What fun it is seeing each of these Autralian Ammies bloom..each is like opening a new Mystery book!

Hubby got the heater hooked up in my greenhouse yesterday (Whew!) so maybe I will have more coming soon. I think I have a couple of buds up but forget what they are. "Anita" is about to re-bloom from last year.

o

You know I thought Rebel resembled your 'My Picotee'
also but isn't 'My Picotee' red rather than orangy red at night it looks true red and in the daytime, it's quite orange...very similar though... might be from the same cross. It is so much fun waiting to see what faces these flowers will present...next for me is Indian Fairy...

o

Donna, Those are Awesome! I might have to get 'greatness' if Ryan does a coop next year? And 'Rebel' just glows in your outdoor shots!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here