Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Home Depot bulbs have arrived

Posted by kaboehm 8b (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 4, 11 at 17:13

Bulbs in bags and boxes. The bagged bulbs look to be pretty large and many have offsets. Just a word to the "newbies"...many of the boxed kits ended up with virus last year. Buyer beware! You might enjoy the blooms now and then end up pitching the bulbs if you see the typical mosaic patterns once the leaves grow out. Some of us won't risk it...with our collections of 100s of hybrids and our own creations.
K

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Home Depot bulbs have arrived

Is there any thing you should do to new bulbs befor planting? thanks Bill

o

Check out the FAQ - do not reply to the FAQ - for many answers to questions when getting started. Each of us has slightly different practices...some just tidy up the bulb, others strip it down to the first clean layer, while others do nothing!! Some soak the roots, others don't.

The FAQ will get you going in the right direction.
Kristi

o

I just copied this from my previous posting:

Hi Guys!

I was strolling my local Sam's club after buying gas there and they had Hippeastrums! I bought BLOSSOM PEACOCK, CHRISTMAS GIFT, DANCING QUEEN, DOUBLE DRAGON, PASADENA,and ELVAS. Best selection ever!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here